Your Thoughts: Play With Me Sesame Season 2

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The second season of Play With Me Sesame begins tomorrow, Saturday June 7th on Noggin. Play With Me Sesame airs twice daily at 7:00 am central (8:00 am eastern) and 10 am central (11:00 am eastern). Sesame Workshop's Tiny Planets with Bing and Bong also airs right before the 7:00 airing of Play With Me Sesame.

Let us know what you think of the new episodes. One of the highlights of season 1 was the inclusion of many classic skits in each episode. Hopefully this will continue with season 2.

123 Sesame Street (reruns since 1999) also airs at 4:00 am, 8:00 am, and 11:30 am on Noggin.

Here is some more info on Play With Me Sesame season 2...

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2003/052303.shtml

Set your VCR's and let us know what you think!

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, I watched it this morning at 8, and it had quite a few old clips. It had Kermit trying to talk about happy and sad, and Elmo got sad when Kermit didn't have time to play with him. It also had the "Hair Brush" song sung by the Cereal Girl. It also had a very old Bert & Ernie sketch where Ernie wanted to be a doctor.

Reaction score
Hey! I watched it at 11. Glad I didn't get up early to watch it at 8, because it sounds like it was the same.

Did anyone notice anything different about Ernie? :stick_out_tongue: :wink:

Cheebo

Reaction score
Originally posted by Soo!-per Grover

Did anyone notice anything different about Ernie? :stick_out_tongue: :wink:
Yea! Who was that doing Ernie's voice? It was not Steve Whitmere, who ever it was it was a terrible job. Ernie sounded very monotone not at all like how Steve & Jim played him. Anyone know why Ernie was like that?

WiGgY

Reaction score
Somebody else has started doing Ernie's voice? What? Why?

Cheebo

Reaction score
Originally posted by WiGgY
Somebody else has started doing Ernie's voice? What? Why?
I havent the slightest clue. Isn't there some one here who works at Sesame Workshop or something right? Maybe he would know why their is a new preformer.

ssetta

Reaction score
I did notice that. I thought it sounded like Matt Vogel. But I could not stand it.

Reaction score
Nope, John Tartaglia performed Ernie as you can see in the credits.

I'm surprised y'all didn't notice Ernie's voice in the PWMS ads they've been airing for weeks now. No one did, so he can't be TOO bad, huh?

I think he does a good job. Any new performer of a voice takes some getting used to listening to. No one can be a spot-on match.

ssetta

Reaction score
That's true. I mean, in the early 90s, when I first heard Steve Whitmire, I couldn't stand it. Same with David Rudman's Cookie Monster, and even Matt Vogel's Big Bird. Eric Jacobson does an okay job, but not as bad as David Rudman. He sounds more like Baby Bear with a sore throat.

Cheebo

Reaction score
Originally posted by ssetta
He sounds more like Baby Bear with a sore throat.
Really? I feel Rudman does a wonderful Cookie. Also Soo!-per Grover do you know if Steve will be doing Ernie in later episodes?