Muppet Film and TV References

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
There was a commercial that aired today amongst the football games, I don't know what the commercial was for, but it had an instrumental version of "Mahna Mahna" playing as it's musical score. :confused:

animalrescuer

Reaction score
On Family Feud last night, the question was “Name something people do in your ear” and one woman said put a banana in it! It sounds like a Sesame Street reference to me. I don’t know if that was intentional, but it was an unexpected answer among others that came up on the show.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Elmo was on last week's new Robot Chicken episode. It was just this brief clip of a Tickle Me Elmo saying inappropriate things. I'm not going to repeat what the character said in the clip because this is a family forum, but I'm sure you get the idea.

NLPuppetGuy

Reaction score
Question on HQ last night, Who is the little golden book "The Monster at the End of this Book" featured about: Grover!!!!

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
On part 1 of the 9th season opener of Night Court, Roz Russell mentions Oscar The Grouch.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
The Fraggle Rock theme song gets mentioned in this ADHD video:
Although it seems like something I'd really like, I'm not a big animation domination fan. It's mostly because the animation style looks a bit off to me and the voice acting always seems to be done by the same few people. I do however enjoy a handful of skits, mostly the Scientifically Accurate ones and the ones featuring this little girl character. These skits are absolutely adorable and surprisingly enough, are completely innocent. So honestly, I'd say that kids can watch this video with no problem. Wow, I'm kind of surprised that I don't have to put a warning on an Animation Domination video. But yeah, this one believe it or not is innocent enough to be played on Disney Channel or Cartoon Network during the day. The whole time I watching the video I was waiting for some shocking twist ending........but much to my surprise nothing happened. No swearing, no blood, no drug references, just pure cuteness. I still can't believe that this video was made by ADHD of all people. Comparing this video right here to the rest of the ADHD series would be like comparing Cabbage Patch Kids to Garbage Pail Kids in terms of the content and overall feel.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
OMG! The new episode of Family Guy just featured cameos by Elmo, Cookie Monster and wait for it........Herry Monster! I am still SO pleasantly surprised because barely anybody ever references Herry on television. THAT IS AWESOME! :big_grin: