Weekly Box Office and Film Discussion Thread

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I have no desire to see the Paddington movies, but at least they don't feel like the detriment to society that the Peter Rabbit movie seems to be.
I actually really recommend seeing Paddington (the first one). Which is saying a lot, trust me. I like a lot of family movies, but I rarely recommend them to anyone (unless it's Pixar or Disney). I truly expected it to be this generic Alvin and the Chipmunks, Smurfs level of terrible due to it being another CGI/ live-action hybrid reboot, but it was really, really good. Probably one of my favorite family movies of all time. It's heart and clever humor are almost on par with those first Muppet movies, in my opinion.

My top five family movies about finding a family go in this order:
  • Follow That Bird
  • The Muppet Movie
  • Paddington
  • The Incredibles (depending on your interpretation :wink:)
  • Elf

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
My five are
Muppet Christmas Carol
Finding Nemo/Dory
Shrek ( depends how you see it)
Toy story 3
The muppet movie
I actually really recommend seeing Paddington (the first one). Which is saying a lot, trust me. I like a lot of family movies, but I rarely recommend them to anyone (unless it's Pixar or Disney). I truly expected it to be this generic Alvin and the Chipmunks, Smurfs level of terrible due to it being another CGI/ live-action hybrid reboot, but it was really, really good. Probably one of my favorite family movies of all time. It's heart and clever humor are almost on par with those first Muppet movies, in my opinion.

My top five family movies about finding a family go in this order:
  • Follow That Bird
  • The Muppet Movie
  • Paddington
  • The Incredibles (depending on your interpretation :wink:)
  • Elf

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I know it already came out a while ago, but I just got back from seeing Coco. Oh. My. God. What a wonderful movie it was. If you haven't seen it already, you really should. It is, in my opinion, Pixar's best since Inside Out.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
I know it already came out a while ago, but I just got back from seeing Coco. Oh. My. God. What a wonderful movie it was. If you haven't seen it already, you really should. It is, in my opinion, Pixar's best since Inside Out.
I've been wanting to watch that movie, along with Wonder, which I'v heard is pretty good.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Amazing how Black Panther has the 2nd largest opening in America, after The Avengers, of course. What's not amazing is Early Man's 7th place finish, which not even Laika's films do that poorly. :sigh:

And not even the controversy surrounding Peter Rabbit's blackberry allergy scene and its subsequent boycotting by soccer moms was able to make much of a dent in its 2nd week take.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?yr=2018&wknd=07a&p=.htm

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Amazing how Black Panther has the 2nd largest opening in America, after The Avengers, of course. What's not amazing is Early Man's 7th place finish, which not even Laika's films do that poorly. :sigh:
UGH! First Paddington 2 and now this :sigh:.
This makes me really worried for Isle of Dogs.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So apparently, they've done a movie about the song "I Can Only Imagine."

They made a movie about a song.

I can't wait till they make a movie about the color blue!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Featuring 3 wonderful memorable songs.

The sky is blue!
My tounge is in my mouth!
And butts make poo!

:wink: