Weekly Box Office and Film Discussion Thread

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I don't even watch the occasional over the top reality show. :stick_out_tongue:
Well, I guess the term "rare" would've been more apt. I just meant because you've mentioned watching "World's Most Dangerous" or whatever it was, and Billy the 'Crocodille Hunter if he was American and an annoying dumb kid who used to hang out in your backyard' Exterminator.

Anyway, the point is, it was mostly Disney owned networks, and the internet that promoted it this time. Which, honestly, the latter seems far more effective these days.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Over the four-day Christmas weekend, Star Wars stayed on top, but in 2nd we have newcomer Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, a standalone sequel to the '90s film about the titular board game now adapted into a video game. That's been getting some decent reviews lately, interestingly enough.

Pitch Perfect 3 is at #3, opening higher than the 1st but far below the 2nd.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?yr=2017&wknd=51a&p=.htm

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Paddington 2 sat all the way down at #7 with a lower take than the 1st in spite of being released in the same month, and even worldwide it's made less. So I don't expect it to have long legs.
That's a shame, the first one was great, and I heard even better things about the second one! I guess it's just another Muppets Most Wanted situation all over again. The sequel is good, but there's not enough marketing push, and audiences don't care anymore because it's not the big comeback.

Coincidentally, both of these sequels came out three years after their respective predecessors.

mr3urious

Reaction score
That's a shame, the first one was great, and I heard even better things about the second one! I guess it's just another Muppets Most Wanted situation all over again. The sequel is good, but there's not enough marketing push, and audiences don't care anymore because it's not the big comeback.

Coincidentally, both of these sequels came out three years after their respective predecessors.
I have no desire to see the Paddington movies, but at least they don't feel like the detriment to society that the Peter Rabbit movie seems to be.