Post a random fact about yourself

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
While I consider myself somewhat of a a casual creepypasta fan, I don't like most of the extremely popular ones like Slenderman and Jeff the Killer. Actually the majority of stories associated with the genre don't really appeal to me. I consider a good portion of them to be too clichéd, repetitive, and almost boring due to how most creepypastas tend to blend together to me personally. So many of them seem to be written by fame hungry people who are trying to become an Internet sensation instead of those who are passionate about what they do and actually put creativity, effort, and originality into their work rather than simply jumping on a bandwagon and attempting to emulate the popularity of another creepypasta. I consider many overemphasized tropes such as creepy kid shows, blood and gore for the sake of shock value and nothing more, "lost episode" stories, etc. to be extremely overrated and overused within the creepypasta community. I personally prefer the more obscure gems that are rarely talked about. The ones that most creepypasta fans wouldn't even know about. I favor quality over popularity when it comes to that subgenre, making many of my favorites those highly underrated tales written out of pure enjoyment rather than tales written out of a lust for popularity by folks who are merely attempting to write "the next Slender-Man" or something like that.
I found a great example of this earlier today. It was a creepypasta called "My Daughter Used To Love Lions". It took every annoying cliché of the genre and inverted them for the better. Instead of simply centering around a creepy kid show that's just disturbing for no reason, there's actually a backstory as to how Leo the Lion came to be and the villainous creator of the creepy show's intentions are revealed. The story has no monsters, ghosts, magic, zombies, etc. and is 100 percent realistic. There is no blood, gore, or curse words just for the sake of shock value. Finally, believe it or not there's a surprisingly heartwarming ending. Yes, you heard correctly. A creepypasta of all things featured a heartwarming ending. Don't read the following lines if you are planning on looking up the story and don't want to see spoilers. But anyway, here is how the story ended:The mom was naturally quite disgusted by the graphic content found on Leo the Lion but her daughter still loved the show and would talk about it all the time. Because she didn't want to make her daughter upset, she decided to remake the show in her basement. Being a public access show, the narrator claimed that the show was surprisingly easy to remake and turn into a kid friendly series just to make her daughter happy. Now, that's a good ending. But of course, due to how everyone stereotypes the creepypasta genre as one huge bloody gorefest this story has flown under the radar and I've never heard anyone talk about it. Either way, those are the kind that I like. The kind that you can tell are written out of passion and creativity. If I was hosting a VH1 show called "Now That's What I Call Creepypasta," I would totally include that story in it :stick_out_tongue:.

gravy

Reaction score
Currently working on a series... Nothing official, just any other youtube puppet channel.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I'll do the same thing and list every film I can remember seeing in theaters:

- Monsters, Inc. (My very first movie in theaters when I was just a baby. I think I was pretty scared since it was my first time at the movie theater.)
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas (The one with Jim Carrey. I don't remember seeing this one at all, but my mom says I did.)
- Chicken Little (Loved it. I know a lot of people don't like this movie, but I don't think it's that bad.)
- The Polar Express
- Cars
- Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause (I barely remember it because I was bored the entire time.)
- Alvin and the Chipmunks
- Horton Hears a Who
- Up
- Mr. Magorium's Wonder Imporium
- Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel
- Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
- Toy Story 3
- Tangled
- Judy Moody and the Not Bummer Summer
- Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked (I lost interest in these movies by the time the 4th one came out.)
- Happy Feet 2 (Also boring. I liked it more than Santa Clause 3, though.)
- Ice Age: Continental Drift
- Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
- Frozen
- The Lego Movie
- Rio 2
- Inside Out
- Big Hero 6
- Zootopia
- Minions
- The Secret Life of Pets
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
- Moana
- Sing
- Despicable Me 3
- Coco
I just realized I forgot to add Bolt. :oops: I knew there was another movie that I was missing, and Bolt must've been it.