1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

Post a random fact about yourself

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by MikaelaMuppet, Apr 4, 2018.

1. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Here’s something you don’t know about me.

Every year, my parents like to make fun of my birthday and love to call it “Trash Day”.

2. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Not something I like to admit, but...

I do have a little bit of depression. :smirk:

3. MikaelaMuppet

Sorry to find that out. :(

4. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

I may be a crazy cat person. No seriously, I'm living with 3 grown up cats and 5 little kittens right now. It may seem like a bit much for some people, but I personally love living that way and enjoy every moment of time I spend with those little kitties.

5. Flaky Pudding

I've found out over the years that the couple of Beatles songs that were done in the style of Indian music apparently help me calm down when I'm stressed.

6. Flaky Pudding

Those music-type YouTube videos I do with random pop culture images thrown together in a collage are somewhat inspired by the animations of Monty Python's own Terry Gilliam. The surreal nature of them, the collage-esque style with random people/things that don't go together at all, the absurd humor that would probably not make sense to most people, the use of obscure/underrated source material, and the emphasis on running gags throughout each video are all tropes/styles associated with Terry's famous work.

7. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

Oh, my. I sure hope that it's all in good fun...

Froggy Fool and Flaky Pudding like this.
  8. Flaky Pudding

The other inspiration I often cite for inspiring the style of my videos is MTV's cult classic series, Wonder Showzen. The use of old obscure public domain footage, the multimedia format of these videos that features both random stuff I found online and live action footage filmed by me, the fast paced jokes that would be near impossible to catch in one viewing, and the frequent utilization of slow motion, fast motion, and timelapse effects were all elements that were almost directly based off Wonder Showzen.

9. MikaelaMuppet

It’s a joke. :laugh:

10. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

Phew. That's good.

Pig's Laundry and Flaky Pudding like this.
  11. Flaky Pudding

My first Halloween costume was a Muppet. It was Ernie :p.

12. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

My first Halloween costume was when I was a year old, and I was a Care Bear. My sister and I were both Care Bears, but I'm told I didn't wear the mask because I screamed when they put it on me.

Flaky Pudding likes this.
  13. Flaky Pudding

That's adorable. I think it's really cute whenever siblings will wear matching costumes like that. Also, I always hated to wear masks growing up too. It always made me feel uneasy to wear something over my face for some reason.

14. Flaky Pudding

The first movie I ever saw at the theater was Monsters Inc.

15. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Okay, on a more positive fact:

The first Thomas video I ever saw was Trust Thomas and Other Stories.

Flaky Pudding likes this.
  16. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

i can wiggle my ears. both at the same time and one or the other by itself

fuzzygobo and LittleJerry92 like this.
  17. Flaky Pudding

We used to have these Disney VHS tapes when I was little that I watched so much that I ended up wearing them out. It got to the point where the audio would randomly distort at different times throughout the films. Because there was no use having the audio on anyway, sometimes I would pop in the films whenever friends were over, mute the audio entirely, and dub them by making the characters sound like they are saying ridiculous things. My friends thought it was hysterical back then. It was kind of like the YouTube video where they dubbed the SpongeBob episode Grandma's Kisses but without all the profanity of course.

18. Flaky Pudding

When I was in elementary school, I wrote a series of short comedy superhero stories called The Superdogs. It wasn't much of a superhero series though as it was more focused on silly comedy than anything else. Most of the series' humor revolved around pop culture references and fourth wall-type gags. Each story was dedicated to my friend who had these three dog stuffed animals she loved very much (all three of which inspired the story's main characters.) She was always the first one to read each new story for that reason as well.

19. Old Thunder

Old Thunder Well-Known Member

Didn't we already know?

20. Old Thunder

Old Thunder Well-Known Member

I like metal.

Froggy Fool likes this.