Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Time to sit back and wait for others in this thread to dismiss this as more hyperbole, how this isn't as bad as it seems, and maybe even blame the guard for bringing this on himself:

But seriously, this just proves that whole "good guys with guns stop bad guys with guns" agenda the NRA, Republicans, and pro-gun lobbyists keep pushing is nothing but a load of crock.
This is horrible, and I'm sorry that young man lost his life. He was doing his job, and it was not his fault at all. My only hope here is that there is a full investigation as to why this person lost his life.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
All I saw from the info Snowth provided was that a serious misunderstanding occurred and the cops killed the wrong guy. Unless there's more to the story, I doubt "bad cops" had anything to do with this.

MWoO

Reaction score
Certainly need more information before making a judgement of cause, but either way its a terrible tragedy. Murder, however, implies intent. The most this would likely be considered is involuntary or voluntary manslaughter.

Ive noticed that people on the extreme left and extreme right like to simplify everything into bite sized nuggets that contain little information. This person automatically labels this murder without giving any additional facts about what happened because it incites an emotional reaponse.

I know this will be investigated and hope that the facts determine if these cops are indicted and not politics one way or the other.

Also... even with this awful tragedy, cops are STILL more likely to shoot and kill a white person than a black person and they STILL dont kill nearly the amount of people everyone thinks. Look at the stats. Cops killing black people is not this wide spread epidemic people claim it to be based on a few instances that pop up in the news.

MWoO

Reaction score
FYI, according to the news site the officer saw the guard pinning down the shooter with his knee and gun in his back telling him not to move. It did not say if the officers told him to drop the weapon or not. They didnt just see a black man standing there holding a gun, they saw a man shoving a gun in a person's back.

That being said, it sounds like this could be negligence and certainly manslaughter, not murder.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Time to sit back and wait for others in this thread to dismiss this as more hyperbole, how this isn't as bad as it seems, and maybe even blame the guard for bringing this on himself:

But seriously, this just proves that whole "good guys with guns stop bad guys with guns" agenda the NRA, Republicans, and pro-gun lobbyists keep pushing is nothing but a load of crock.
Sorry, D, but when one uses inflammatory terms such as "Murdered" when they refer to the police officer without knowing any facts or specifics of the case, that is hyperbole. But the hatred of everybody that does not agree with the left's extreme points of view has clouded their judgement so much that the hyperbole has become the norm for them.

Censored

Reaction score
All I saw from the info Snowth provided was that a serious misunderstanding occurred and the cops killed the wrong guy. Unless there's more to the story, I doubt "bad cops" had anything to do with this.
I hate to tell you this, son, but a police officer who can't tell the good guys from the bad guys and kills without distinction IS a bad cop.

Censored

Reaction score
Ever notice how conservatives become so diplomatic about taking an innocent life when the perpetrator is a White cop and the victim is a Black man. "Now, now...We must be understanding and forgiving..." But, let someone who is non-White be accused of ANY kind of crime and they want to lynch first and ask questions later.

Last edited:

Censored

Reaction score

Well, you certainly called this one correctly, D'Snowth. Cons can be so predictable. Mind you, this isn't even a story about an accused criminal resisting arrest. This is the killing of an African American man who not only wasn't guilty of anything, but was doing what was right. And yet, it's so difficult for some to simply say that the killing was wrong...period. To be a good conservative, they have to throw in a "but" somewhere.