The Sonic the Hedgehog Thread

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Detective Pikachu treatment, eh? :skeptical: Pretty much nowadays everything is soulless and realistic; because I'm lazy:

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Yes, I'm not actually opposed to Detective Pikachu since Pokémon has been stale for so long, but this Sonic thing looks like it has the potential to be a disaster.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for Paramount to release a trailer for the movie. It shouldn't be too much longer before we get one.

Also, I don't know about any of you, but I'm getting excited for Team Sonic Racing. From the little bits of gameplay footage we've seen in trailers, it looks like a fun game.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Have you seen the leaked movie assets? I understand the outrage toward the renders, but the in-movie sketch is giving me a Karate Kid/TMNT late-'80s/early-'90s vibe which I love; it's definitely growing on me.

People are really hard to please nowadays, and afraid of change; another thing that was the subject of outrage was that new CGI Mewtwo remake trailer, which the style personally appeals to me a lot -- I could see people not liking the Sonic movie design, but that looked fine.

Team Racing looks good -- I was unaware of it tbh. I know Sonic R sucked (I still have fond memories of playing it on PC and love the soundtrack) and have played All-Stars Racing, but it's still weird seeing Sonic Racing games where they're just driving generic cars when he's like the fastest character ever, Tails can fly, etc. The game should kind of write itself in that way.

I actually played Sonic Mania on my Switch yesterday and was getting my *** kicked by the Studiopolis Act 1 boss; had to look up a video on YouTube. It's kind of unclear what to do, and dodging the missiles is difficult (not knowing you can land on the flames) - pretty poor boss, especially considering it's following the amazing Mean Bean Machine boss.

So I guess a new mainline game was teased at SXSW yesterday - I could really go for something akin to an SA3 (or SA3 itself); I know '06 was poop, and even the original had its flaws (I actually wanted to make a video if SA1 was a "good game"), but I could really go for something in that style right about now, and I feel like now is the time.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
to be fair sonic mania is NOT an official sonic game. It's really just a glorified fan game that sega published for retail. It's a good game but man im struggling with that boss too