Call to all Little Jerry and the Monotones fans

Mad Lil' Jerry

Reaction score
Hello,

Just wanted to see if there were any fans of "Little Jerry and the Monotones".

The best band on SS, they rock! I have a e-group on Yahoo if anyone would like to join and discuss, or... discuss here! Either way it's cool man, real cool.

In case you don't remember Little Jerry, or in today's case, before your time... Little Jerry is a hippie type character, surrounded by three other hippies (a.k.a. Monotones) and usually sang.

Among their multitude of groovy tunes it seems that "Telephone Rock" is probably the best and most well known, but they did other songs usually having to do with feelings... "Sad", "Proud" and "Mad!" as well as "Danger", "Four" and others...

Personally my favorite is "Mad!" (hense my nick)... what a rocking tune... "When someone socks me in the eye, and they doen't even tell me why, That makes me MAD!" Ahh.... yesteryears... will they ever return?

Anyway, I hope I jogged someone's memory or perhaps sparked a new interest in the best band hands down on SS.

MLJ

frodis58

Reaction score
I remember those guys too!!!!!!
those songs were some of my favorite moments on SS
I haven't seen them years.......
were the monotones names something like
Chris, Rich and Big Jeffrey (they were all named after there
performers I believe)

Wow what a blast from the past....
cool :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Jerry,
Lil Chrissy
Satire Bands...

They all ROCK!!!

Too bad they just have the real celebrities come in and sing uninspired "Parodies" of their songs (like Sherryl Crowe, and Goo Goo Dolls)

Well... except U2's "Furry Happy Monsters" I could listen to that alllll day!!! :excited:

ssetta

Reaction score
I agree! I liked it better when they used muppets. I remember the ones mentioned, and I also remember Bruce Stringbean, Mick Swagger, The Beetles, Billy Idle, and all of those.

Mad Lil' Jerry

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome, btw I was a little dissapointed the "Little Jerry" was already taken, but all is well...

I personally don't understand why they don't take all the Little Jerry songs, and do a rockumentary like they do on VH1. I think it would be hysterical, they could cover the history, behind the scenes, band interviews... making of the video...

They could so much with it, and probably make a ton of money off of it. I know I'd buy a copy.

-MLJ

MuppetDude

Reaction score
I love Little Jerry and the Monotones! I'm a member of the Yahoo group. And the computers I use at the local library have been updated, and today I'm rocking to the tunes they have! YAHOO!! :excited:

Phew, I need a nap... :sleep:

BTW, Mad Lil' Jerry, nice avatar! :smile:

Mad Lil' Jerry

Reaction score
Thank you,

I got it from a picture of one of the SS records on sale on ebay. Since I can't find the video or any digital copies... it's the only photo I could find, which is sad because they don't use the character in anything that I'm aware of.

& I run the Yahoo group, glad you made it.

-MLJ

MuppetDude said:
I love Little Jerry and the Monotones! I'm a member of the Yahoo group. And the computers I use at the local library have been updated, and today I'm rocking to the tunes they have! YAHOO!! :excited:

Phew, I need a nap... :sleep:

BTW, Mad Lil' Jerry, nice avatar! :smile:

Erine81981

Reaction score
Thanks Mad Jerry for helping me get those songs. My favorite is mad and body full of rhthymn r the two I listen to the most. Thanks again and if u come across any others let me know.