Denny's Commercials

W

Wembley Fraggle

I see that once again it is up to the great & glorious Joshua to pull through... in other words I have the commercails on tape and i'll hook up my converter today and post them here. Any suggested format?

-J:smile:sh

beaker

Reaction score
Statler and Waldorf commericals airing!

Hey all! Well last night I was playing som eMuppet stuff for my bird(shes a huge Muppet nut) I turned on the tv afterwards to catch some news, went to the kitchen, and there she was pirking up again. I cam eback over and they were running the brand new Staler and Waldorf commercials! Wow, thought they were just gonna have the Kermit and Piggy ones! Any guess or knowlege of who will be next? My guess: Gonzo and Camilla. Sure the conversation will be one sided. I would love to see Johnny and Sal of course, or Pepe and a waitress!

///beaker///

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Not only do I think Eric is doing a great job as Piggy - I believe he does it better than Frank himself these days.
Yeah, Eric does a swell job on Piggy and Grover. Though I do have a little trouble with Eric's Bert (sounds like he has a wad of flem in his throaght!) But as you said, it kind of reminds me what I read about an odd 1970's cartoon "Will the real Jerry Lewis Please Sit Down?" Apparently, Jerry himself thought the mimicks did a better at doing his 1950's voice thean he, mainly because he aged (or maybe he was covering the fact that he wanted more money) so they cast David L. Lander (better known as, HELLO, Squiggy!).

But that's besides the point! I have yet to see a Denny's commercial. It must be a regional thing (I also missed the LJS Pepe commercials for the same reason). There are no locations around here (there was one on the boarder of New Hampshire, but it has long since been closed down, I think it's an IHOP now) so any Merchandise, advertising, and what not are lost on me!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I just caught the Statler and Waldorf one and apparently there's a Swedish Chef one too.

TheDude

Reaction score
statlor and waldorf dennys commmercail

Hey guys the only dennys commmercial ive seen didint have piggyin it at all. it was with statlor an waldorf. anyone else seen this one?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Matt,

Yeah, the commercials have been great so far. I believe there are three versions of each (15 seconds, 30 seconds, and 60 seconds).

Haven't seen the Chef one yet though... Bill Barretta should be performing him in it.

SuprGro78

Reaction score
Hey Dr. Tooth

There is a dennys in right near the Rockingham Mall in NH. That's only about an hour away from Boston and who doesn't love a mall? I have seen the commercials on my tv in somerville, MA on TNT, and TNN. Statdler and Waldorf and Kermie with MIss Piggy.

Zoot

Reaction score
Statler and Waldorf's voices didn't sound as old and grouchy as they did on TMS. Who did the voices for those them in the Denny's comercial?

beaker

Reaction score
>>Statler and Waldorf's voices didn't sound as old and grouchy as they did on TMS. Who did the voices for those them in the Denny's comercial?<<<

In person I believe it was Goelz and Nelson if I remember right. But indeed, they sounded much much different in the commericals. There's a Sweidsh Chef one now? hmmm!

///beaker///

*who wonders why Denny's inexplicably has no plans for any merchandise*

Drtooth

Reaction score
Re: Hey Dr. Tooth

Originally posted by SuprGro78
There is a dennys in right near the Rockingham Mall in NH. That's only about an hour away from Boston and who doesn't love a mall? I have seen the commercials on my tv in somerville, MA on TNT, and TNN.
That's great news, SuperGro! Maybe I'll go there if I can get up to New Hampshire this year! As for the ads airing on cable, unfortunately I do not have cable, but maybe I can see one over someone's house. But that really honks me off, though! They don't have any Red Lobster locations around, but they air those ads!
But for those creeped out by Miss P. ordering bacon and sausage (or Pepe eating seafood, which if he lays off the shrimp, eh.. prawns, he'd be okay) this isn't really the first time this came up. I mean, look at the Pilsberry dough guy... HE EATS COOKIES!!!! (Actually, they made this a joke in an M&M's commercial, in which Patrick Warburton sees Red and Yellow eating their own candy!)
About the Statler and Waldorf ad, where one says that the deal's so good, they can't complain, it seems like they took the joke out of Muppets go to Disney world (Statler and Waldorf can't find anything to complain about, either, and start shouting that they want the place to be shut down!)