1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Denny's Commercials

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by CountCrow4, May 22, 2002.

1. Dr. Bombay

Dr. Bombay Member

Big Bird for KFC! LOL! Now, THAT, I'd love to see!

That's cool that Statler and Waldorf are in the commercials. My mom loves those guys! Come to think of it, I do too!
  2. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Statler and Waldorf so soon! Wow. I wonder if any more spots are planned. Haven't heard of any. I guess it's a safe bet that Pepe's out, but Gonzo and Fozzie should make an appearance. I'd love to see the Electric Mayhem in a booth!
  3. Hey Jamie,

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if the Electric Mayhem do appear on a Denny's commercial. When you think about it, if Miss Piggy, Kermit, Statler & Waldorf were brought in to do the commercails then they obviously wouldn't stop at that. Also it was a very short commercail done by both Jerry and Dave so I doubt that they would have brought them in to film it for what was no more then a 7 second commercial. So I'm sure we can expect more David Goelz & Jerry Nelson muppets on the commercials. I wanna see Uncle Matt on one. I can see the commercial now:

"Dear Nephew Gobo today I discovered a cave where Silly Creatures come to eat, can you believe that? They even left green paper once they left. Luckily I was able to obtain some of this paper from what the silly creatures call a table. However once I took the green paper I was chased after by Silly Creatures in strange uniforms with badges. It's clear that green paper is a very powerful thing" lol.

-Josh
  4. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I doubt any Fraggles will appear, Josh. The commercials commemorate the 25th anniversary of The Muppet Show and Fraggle Rock is a seperate license altogether. It would be cool, though.

I have doubts about the EM being in a commercial because they are barely even used in projects these days and Janice hasn't spoken for a decade. I'm still holding out hope. :)
  5. lol-

Yes i know the fraggles wouldnt be in them. I was just joking. Let me dream Jamie ;)

-Josh

PS how is Fraggle Rock a seperate license? I thought any muppet & Muppet show belongs to the Henson company? Come to think of it I think Fraggle Rock is suffering due to the whole 'who owns the rights' stuff because how could it get onto dvd or back onto tv when nobody even knows who owns the rights to put it back out into the public?
  6. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Henson owns the rights to Fraggle Rock in whole (therefore - EMTV does). Just because a company owns the rights to several casts of characters doesn't mean that they licence them all when deals are made. Actually that would be a very rare thing. It could easily mean less revenue for the company because they would be spreading themselves too thin. It's just how it goes. I do find it interesting that HBO has no rights to Fraggle Rock but that is the deal that was reportedly struck in the 80s. Such a practice would not occur today.
  7. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Guys,

Hey,
    Is anyone catching these commercials on video ?

couldnt someone leave the VCR recording on One Channel for a day to catch em ?

See ya
  8. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Frogboy's VCR is broke. :(
  9. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Jamie,

D'oh !

Man im so high and excited !

Kermit is in the UK !

See ya
  10. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Do they have Dennys in the UK? At least for the commercials, the food is another thing. LOL!
  11. I see that once again it is up to the great & glorious Joshua to pull through... in other words I have the commercails on tape and i'll hook up my converter today and post them here. Any suggested format?

-J:)sh
  12. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Statler and Waldorf commericals airing!

Hey all! Well last night I was playing som eMuppet stuff for my bird(shes a huge Muppet nut) I turned on the tv afterwards to catch some news, went to the kitchen, and there she was pirking up again. I cam eback over and they were running the brand new Staler and Waldorf commercials! Wow, thought they were just gonna have the Kermit and Piggy ones! Any guess or knowlege of who will be next? My guess: Gonzo and Camilla. Sure the conversation will be one sided. I would love to see Johnny and Sal of course, or Pepe and a waitress!

///beaker///
  13. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Yeah, Eric does a swell job on Piggy and Grover. Though I do have a little trouble with Eric's Bert (sounds like he has a wad of flem in his throaght!) But as you said, it kind of reminds me what I read about an odd 1970's cartoon "Will the real Jerry Lewis Please Sit Down?" Apparently, Jerry himself thought the mimicks did a better at doing his 1950's voice thean he, mainly because he aged (or maybe he was covering the fact that he wanted more money) so they cast David L. Lander (better known as, HELLO, Squiggy!).

But that's besides the point! I have yet to see a Denny's commercial. It must be a regional thing (I also missed the LJS Pepe commercials for the same reason). There are no locations around here (there was one on the boarder of New Hampshire, but it has long since been closed down, I think it's an IHOP now) so any Merchandise, advertising, and what not are lost on me!
  14. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I just caught the Statler and Waldorf one and apparently there's a Swedish Chef one too.
  15. TheDude

TheDude New Member

statlor and waldorf dennys commmercail

Hey guys the only dennys commmercial ive seen didint have piggyin it at all. it was with statlor an waldorf. anyone else seen this one?
  16. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Hi Matt,

Yeah, the commercials have been great so far. I believe there are three versions of each (15 seconds, 30 seconds, and 60 seconds).

Haven't seen the Chef one yet though... Bill Barretta should be performing him in it.
  17. SuprGro78

SuprGro78 New Member

Hey Dr. Tooth

There is a dennys in right near the Rockingham Mall in NH. That's only about an hour away from Boston and who doesn't love a mall? I have seen the commercials on my tv in somerville, MA on TNT, and TNN. Statdler and Waldorf and Kermie with MIss Piggy.
  18. Zoot

Zoot New Member

Statler and Waldorf's voices didn't sound as old and grouchy as they did on TMS. Who did the voices for those them in the Denny's comercial?
  19. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

>>Statler and Waldorf's voices didn't sound as old and grouchy as they did on TMS. Who did the voices for those them in the Denny's comercial?<<<

In person I believe it was Goelz and Nelson if I remember right. But indeed, they sounded much much different in the commericals. There's a Sweidsh Chef one now? hmmm!

///beaker///

*who wonders why Denny's inexplicably has no plans for any merchandise*
  20. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Re: Hey Dr. Tooth

That's great news, SuperGro! Maybe I'll go there if I can get up to New Hampshire this year! As for the ads airing on cable, unfortunately I do not have cable, but maybe I can see one over someone's house. But that really honks me off, though! They don't have any Red Lobster locations around, but they air those ads!
    But for those creeped out by Miss P. ordering bacon and sausage (or Pepe eating seafood, which if he lays off the shrimp, eh.. prawns, he'd be okay) this isn't really the first time this came up. I mean, look at the Pilsberry dough guy... HE EATS COOKIES!!!! (Actually, they made this a joke in an M&M's commercial, in which Patrick Warburton sees Red and Yellow eating their own candy!)
    About the Statler and Waldorf ad, where one says that the deal's so good, they can't complain, it seems like they took the joke out of Muppets go to Disney world (Statler and Waldorf can't find anything to complain about, either, and start shouting that they want the place to be shut down!)