Dark Crystal Figures - 1982 Hasbro

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I was reading about the 1982 Hasbro Dark Crystal Figures in the Muppet Central Collectibles section.

Where are these Figures ? Who owns them ? From what i could make out, It looks like the six Characters made are -

• Jen
  • Kira
  • Pod Person
  • a Landstrider
  • a Mystic
  • a Garthim

I cant really see the other two Figures, i can only make out Jen and Kira, but they look to me like Pod People

Wasnt their any Skeksis or Aughra ? On the picture it shows Aughra, Landstrider, Skeksis, Garthim and a Mystic.

Does anyone know any more about them or have them ?

Thanks!

scarecroe

Reaction score
Yeah it's too bad that the scans are too small to see anything. Kinda makes it pointless. Better luck with Kermitage.com I guess.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Scott,

Hey,
Yeah i really want to see those in Detail.

Phil -
Can we see a bigger picture of them please ?

Thanks

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Warrick,

Thank you for the suggestion. We appreciate the input.

We'll work on getting those pictures redone so that they are a little larger. It may take a little time getting that together, but I'll post to you on this thread once the page has been updated.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Phil,

Hey,
That would be great, But can you tell me what the other two figures are on the page, i can only work out Jen and Kira.

Thanks

beaker

Reaction score
Warrick:

Hey, cool thread war! I think we had a whole chat about these prototypes. Oh man, I wish soooo bad Hasbro would have released these, now like other jhc prototypes(ie: MFS playset)
only a few people own them.

I was surprised to only see the gelflings and what looked to be pod people...how cool would it be to see skeksis action figures?
wow...makes ya wonder if there were playsets or what planned.

///beaker///

statnwaldorf

Reaction score
The information on the Dark Crystal figures comes from an article in a Tomarts Action Figure magazine about 4-5 years ago. The article was on Figures that were never made.

Don't worry Scarecrow and Warrick you will be able to see larger scans of them on Kermitage. I can see the predicament though when you cover such a wide area of subjects Web Space is always a premium especially when deciding how big you are going to size your images. Also if you take pictures from such places as eBay (which for certain items is unavoidable) then the size they are displayed on there dictates what size you display yours. However I realise, from experience, that as a collector you want to see as much of a collectible that you don't have as you can, without having to press your nose against the screen. Therefore we are going to ensure that on Kermitage, when ever possible, you will clearly be able to see as much detail as is available.

As far as the figures are concerned, I believe only four exist and they belong to the Hasbro Archives, but more info will be on Kermitage.

Michael.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Mike,

Hey,
Thanks for the info !

So are those four figures Jen, Kira and two Pod People ?

see ya

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Mike,

Thanks!

I wonder why they made two Proto's of Pod People and not a Main Character like Aughra ?

Maybe they were going to have quit a few Pod People ?

See ya