Will Muppet Babies ever be released to DVD?

McFraggle

Reaction score
Zack the Dog said:
I don't know what Disney's plans are as they own the rights now but I hope they eventulay do, they really should start putting DVD's of there own shows out now, like DuckTales, TaleSpin, Gummi Bears. Maybe it's because they still play them on Toon Disney...er well, not Gummi Bears anymore for some reason....
I agree. :smile:

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
what are disney's plans, now that they want to make Kermie as big as Mickey and Pooh?

BJ

Beauregard

Reaction score
*shiver*

If they can make him as big as Pooh (Don't take that the wrong way folks :wink: ), I'll be happy, BUT if they lose the integrity of the character the way they did with Pooh...

...it would be, shall we say, :attitude: a disaster.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Zack the Dog said:
I don't know what Disney's plans are as they own the rights now but I hope they eventulay do, they really should start putting DVD's of there own shows out now, like DuckTales, TaleSpin, Gummi Bears. Maybe it's because they still play them on Toon Disney...er well, not Gummi Bears anymore for some reason....but they don't play the classic's as much now with the newer cartoons about kids, kid super heros, alien's, talking dogs, and teenage witches all going to school.......
Actually, Disney DID release Gargoyls to DVD. I felt that was pretty random, though. I mean, I'd expect at least Ducktales to be release by now (or in a year... it'll be the 20th anniversary).

Muppet Babies may/may not come to DVD depending on if Dis finds it marketable. And if they do, they better not use the edited syndication prints like they did with the 90's video releases.

I mean, if Henson still had the Muppets, there'd be a bigger possibility. With Disney.... you just NEEEEVER know what's gonna happen!

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Gargoyls to DVD? Pah! Don't care for Gargoyls! Sorry for those who do, i just didn't like the show that much, but i did watch it, i'm not saying it was a bad show, but to me it's nothing compaired to DuckTales, Gargoyls don't seem Disney to me but more WB in my opintion. Wait where they with WB first? why do i have they feeling that they were? i can't remember where the show first aird? Fox? or WB?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Gargoyles was made by Disney, and aired in syndication with the Disney Afternoon. From what I heard, the fans were badgering Disney to release it on DVD. How their clucking was louder than Ducktales fans, I'll never know. But if they can release such an obscure show, they certainly could release a show with a popular Disney Character as the star. Scrooge McDuck, Chip and Dale, and Baloo at the least.

MeepEeep

Reaction score
Zack the Dog said:
Although this quote is "Octobery 2003" old!...LOL, that is very un true now, shows such as Garfield and Friends, Pee Wee's Playhouse, The Raccoons, Ren and Stimpy, and older classic cartoons such as Looney Tunes, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Wacky Racers, Fintstones, Scooby Doo, the Jetsons, Top Cat and so on. More cartoons are bound to come, not all will be full sets or seasons like recent Fat Albert. But more and more cartoon/kids shows are coming to DVD.
The reason Ren & Stimpy was reissued, was because Nickelodeon felt the show was too adult to be on their station. So they canned John Kricfaulsi, the creator, and made milder (and by most people's accounts, lamer) versions of Ren & Stimpy shows.

So the DVD set out for Ren & Stimpy now is the uncut shows, that were censored over time by Nickelodeon.

The same story with Invader Zim, by the way. Nick thought the show was too adult for a kids' audience. Frankly, you would think Jhonen Vasquez would've market the show to like Adult Swim. Alot of the humor on Invader Zim is based on horror films.

Also, who here loves GIR?