What's wrong with kids today?

Fireimps87

Reaction score
Thats cool Dr.Tooth, did you guys do the jelly beans part too?

I had my experience of Muppets with the little kids. During Hurricane Isabelle, my mom's friend had her and her daughters over. The youngest one *such a brat :mad: * the other two are nice. anyways, I told her I like the muppets and she said "they were for little kids" *shes like 5!* and I said they werent and she told me everyone at her school says they're stupid. *which is unlikely,since little kids like to tell fibs such as that.* and this was coming from someone who likes watching Disney Channel stuff like Lizzie Mcguire. The muppets have a whole heck alot more adult-appeal than Lizzie Mcguire.

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
Saginaw said:
I don't remember girls in my elementary school dressing up like these pop diva cookie-cutouts! That just isn't right.

It's just not the same world we grew up in anymore, and that's tragic.

--Saginaw
You are right. Girls did NOT look like that when I was...oops, not sounding like boring adult....back in the.....uh.....how does one say all this stuff without falling into the old "When I was your age, you little ingrate" routine? YOU CAN'T!!!! Every time a generation grows up a bit, we HAVE to start saying all this "We-never-had...when-I-was-your-age" stuff. *sigh*. Can you believe that CDs have been in stores for 20 years now? My family bought a CD player in 1987 and I felt spoiled! Also, you had to choose albums pretty carefully since you had to spend about $30 on each! In '87 me and I think about 3 other people I knew in town had CD players. Huh! That wasn't so bad! I guess you can rant if you want, it's always going to make you sound like Statler and Waldorf no matter what! :sleep: We just have to keep this stuff alive and raise our kids right. (Incidentally, mine's watching Sesame's 25th right now and totally entranced! Take that smarty-kids!)

later
eric

Erine81981

Reaction score
Its hard to know that most of us here have grown up on watching Muppets for so long. It just seems that were getting old. I know theres alot of u that were born in the 70's but now the ones who were born in the 80's just seems now were getting older. Its like we don't want to grow up now after all the years when we were little and wanted to be grown up. Now that my sis has kids its hard to know that I'm an Uncle to them. NOW I'M OLD!!!! :sleep: Its almost like my whole life was based on that movie "JACK." To me thats what I seem like. Now kids (or teens) just want SEX and VILOINCE! I wished I could go back in time and watch myself having all that fun. Seems that yesterday I was just learing how to walk and now look at all of us. Were old or young but know were just old to remember all those shows. Well I hope my kids will love the muppets and my wife can live w/ a husband that enjoys watching cartoons or Muppets w/ the kids. Hope I can find a house big enough for all my collection. Oh well until that time comes I'm still collecting. :wink:

Sidebottom

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
Now kids (or teens) just want SEX and VILOINCE!
Personally, I'd love to see "Sex and Violence". And "The Muppet Valentine Show" too. :smile:

-Sidebottom