What's wrong with kids today?

Jonathan

Reaction score
I get teased on daily baise at school because i like the muppets. But I dont care I stand tall!!! :smile:

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
if my kids are anything like me, they should grow up liking most things i do...i have my parents to thank for my taste in most things, music and such..but when i think back now, i wonder how my parents felt about me watching 'new' cartoons like fat albert...were our parents just as sickened as we are now about what we were watching as kids.?

:smirk:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Yeah, it's a shame that some kids and teens don't think the Muppets are "cool" just cause they don't cuss and indulge in sex and gore.

And I too have heard comments about indulgin' in "kiddie" stuff one too many times--- :rolleyes: ---try bein' a Muppet and Disney fan! lol I really feel sorry for those people...it's like they just have no imagination or innocent wonderment left in them...what a sad, sad life...

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Janice & Mokey's Man said:
And I too have heard comments about indulgin' in "kiddie" stuff one too many times--- :rolleyes: ---try bein' a Muppet and Disney fan!
I have! :stick_out_tongue: And I like Veggie Tales to boot! My brother (the 20-year-old, not the 15-year-old :halo: ) thinks I am the most un-cool person who ever lived.
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
Most kids are just not exposed to the Muppets anymore. And it's not because they're not out there. Parents just automatically assume it's the type of thing you have to grow out of. My dad's a bit like that, not too much though. It's a mind-set. Once you reach a certain age, you HAVE to stop liking that sort of thing, and you HAVE to start liking football. It's a sad truth, but there it is.
I'm lucky in that my parents really don't feel like I have to grow out of things. Yeah, my mom has gotten rid of some of my stuff, but it's more about having too much stuff in the house than objecting to my having that particular thing. She's never tried to get me to get rid of my trolls or my Pooh collection. Basically my parents are just happy with who I am and have no problem with my taste. My 15-year-old brother shares most of my tastes to some extent. We are definitely on the same wavelength. He probably likes Muppets more than I do; he's got a couple boxes full of hand-made puppets and he made a wooden Jim Henson for an art project one time. My other brother is in his third year of college, and I guess you could say that whatever objections the rest of my family might have had were all rolled up into him. He and I are complete opposites, and whenever he comes home to visit he lets me know what a loser he thinks I am... :rolleyes:
Erin

Saginaw

Reaction score
People, it's an unfortunate fact, but kids today are becoming WAAAAYYY too sophisticated, thanks in part to the media, altered hormones in our food supply, etc.

But I place most of the blame on the media. I mean, I could remember as a kid sexual innuendo and stuff like that as taboo. Now that's not saying that it's totally a bad thing, but I do consider it bad that our children are become too exposed to it at an early age.

I don't remember girls in my elementary school dressing up like these pop diva cookie-cutouts! That just isn't right.

It's just not the same world we grew up in anymore, and that's tragic.

--Saginaw

Marble Didymus

Reaction score
Why in my day, we...*snores*.............

I apologize about the DBZ thing. Yes, I'm aware that the cuts make it look bad, but it's like Pokemon was a few years ago. It's just over exposed. Anime in general is, and it's just getting ruined.

I'm beggining to like this place more and more...........

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
My other brother is in his third year of college, and I guess you could say that whatever objections the rest of my family might have had were all rolled up into him. He and I are complete opposites, and whenever he comes home to visit he lets me know what a loser he thinks I am... :rolleyes:
Erin
:eek:

Well you give him a good ol' kick in the shins from me next time he comes a-visitin'!

Really!

You give!

:grouchy:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Janice & Mokey's Man said:
:eek:

Well you give him a good ol' kick in the shins from me next time he comes a-visitin'!

Really!

You give!

:grouchy:
Really? Do I have your permission??? :big_grin: :big_grin: *sharpens up the soles of her shoes* :stick_out_tongue:
Erin

Drtooth

Reaction score
Funny Story..

I remember on year the 7th grade, we were putting on a play, which was the Christmas Carol. To study it, we watched, not the musical, not the George C Scott version, not even Micky mouse, but The Muppets. Not only did everyone enjoy it, but for weeks later kids were still shouting "LIGHT THE LAMP NOT THE RAT!!! LIGHT THE LAMP, NOT THE RAT!!!!"

The whole play WAS based on this version too... :zany: