Do others understand your Muppet obsession?

Beauregard

Reaction score
My family dain't really mind, but at times, they think I waste a lot of time on 'stupid muppets' insteed of real life stuff.

Well, I say whatever...

jediX

Reaction score
My Dad always comes and watches Muppet stuff with me whenever its on. Had it not been for him liking them I wouldn't have half of the old specials and shows that I do.

Besides, having 400+ loose Star Wars figures and nearly every post-1995 SW 12" produced is an easier target for people to "not understand" :wink:

Erine81981

Reaction score
I feel for everyone here. Its like at work people think I should care about getting clothes other then spending it on Muppet stuff. I just wished that my parents would understand that just because I spend alot of money on stuff that should spent on other things I tell them, "I'll make it. Don't worry about me. If I move out w/ little money I have I'll do what I can." And still thats all I get from my parents. (espeilly my Mother) She thinks with what I have as in money I should save what I get w/ it and move and I do save what I can but everytime theres something I really want I'm saying to myself "I want that but if I buy it I won't have any money to live off. But If I ask my mom maybe I can pay her back." I do but then its another thing w/ her. "U can't keep borrowing money if u want to live on ur own." And I just can't stand it anymore. My parents r never going to understand me ever. They don't care but when I have alot of stuff in a storage place and most of its in boxes in my closets and some outside the closet I just don't know what to do. We love the muppets and we've got to stand by each other. U know we need to make a list of People who have lots of Muppet or SS or FR or anything muppets related that they made it and need to let our parent read it. Then just maybe the might understand us more. Just start making a list of stuff and write about how we feel about how people see us and treat us. That might have some say in why we love them or collect so much stuff. Well I'll be heading back to work. Bye. Just remember our thread thing. :smile: :frown:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
I make fun of Linkin Park and whatever other junk they listen to,
That's true. I always make fun of that garbage. I guess some of us dish ut the same crap we take. :stick_out_tongue:

Actually, most of the time I let stuff like that slide. I have a friend who sued to always call me a "dirty hippy" because of my hair being so long. I liked longer too. I just let it go. Have better arguements to win. Like, one time he called Jim Henson... "a homo." that I got ticked off about. I've got nothing against gay people, but it just isn't true. The only reason he said it was because he was a puppeteer, and I'm a puppeteer, and I'm not. It was like he was saying that about me.

Ah, Nate knows I love him... just not like that. :smile:

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
i just put it down to the fact that i dont understand people and people dont understand me!

im proud to be different though...arent you all glad to not be just a carbon copy of everyone else??

:halo:

Kamit

Reaction score
im proud to be different though...arent you all glad to not be just a carbon copy of everyone else??
That I am, na no da! I like being weird
(To quote baby Gonzo - "Weeeeiiiirrrrddddooo! It's music to my ears!" :wink: )

Although then one friend or another usually comes along and says that there is no such thing as 'normal' and therefore no such thing as being 'weird'. And then I tell them that yes, that may be true, but it's more fun this way! :wink:

wockawocka

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
I love that quote! I'm a sophomore in high school, and people are constantly poking fun at me, but I don't care....I make fun of Linkin Park and whatever other junk they listen to, it's Rainbow Connection for me
I agree. The Rainbow Connection is the best song ever. And I'm the same age as you. But... really, I don't have many problems with it or anything. Even when I do a speech about it in class. Most people are pretty cool about it.