Do others understand your Muppet obsession?

muppet babe

Reaction score
hiya everyone, ive only just found this site, and like oh my god its amazing. I was hopin to make some new friends as a lot ov people dont understand my muppet obsession and think im wierd but im far from not. Has anyone else had this problem? please feel free to say hello and talk to me

Muppetbabe :smile:

Whatever

Reaction score
My familt is sort of bemused by the extent of my obsession but they enjoy watching the movies too. And they have watched my obsession grow as I have, so they're resigned. I don't talk too much about it outside of my family. Except of course here! :crazy:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Most just don't care one way or the other. I have found a few fellow Muppet fans, one of which got to see every episode of it when it originally aired.

Like I said one other time, the only real trouble I ever had was in a toy store, picking up Muppet action figures. :mad:

Darkforces

Reaction score
It's really upsetting when people don't understand your obsesssion and you feel all alone, because people think its one big joke.

I've been attacked in the street for carrying around an elmo ruck sack and quite franky im getting really ****** off about it!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
You're not alone, pal. To quote a certain Muppeteer who visited here once, "there's more of us than you know."

Kamit

Reaction score
I'm lucky - my family not only accepts it they're almost as bad as I am! After all it's my parents' own fault in a way - they gave me my first Muppet tape :wink:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
You're not alone, pal. To quote a certain Muppeteer who visited here once, "there's more of us than you know."
I love that quote! I'm a sophomore in high school, and people are constantly poking fun at me, but I don't care....I make fun of Linkin Park and whatever other junk they listen to, it's Rainbow Connection for me

Kamit

Reaction score
Has anyone else had this happen to them? You make a Muppet reference and people misunderstand you?

For instance I've said a couple of times (to only very close friends BTW who know of my Muppet obsession - in fact one was a Muppet fan himself)

"Mmmmmmm the frog is smaaaaarrrrttt!"

Which is a quote from Fozzie (don't remember where from, but it was definitely Fozzie). The response:

"Did you just call me a frog?"

To which I would respond. "Yes, but remember who you're talking to. That's a compliment coming from me." :smile:

Oh well