Fun-4-All may produce Sesame Street Action Figures

Status
Not open for further replies.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
No matter how good or bad that stuff ever is, it's always interesting.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I know I'm overly defensive, but I felt the same way about Star Wars 1. A lot of people were expecting Chewy and Luke, dispite the fact it was a prequal (I've talked to some casual fans, I wish I could get them to verify). But by the attacks I mean all those people that say these are nothing more than glorified Happy Meal premiums. I mean, look at the JLA cartoon line. They are glorified cereal box premiums. I mean, Hasbro, Mattel, they could do a lot worse if you think about it.

But that's not why I'm, here... I actually know of a Sesame Street action figure line back a few years ago. They were made specifically for younger kids, as you could tell. They had okay accessories, but the line was just awful. Firstly there were only 3 characters, ELmo, Big Bird, and Ernie. There was absolutely no scale, since the figures were all the same size, the sculpts were much worse than these, and they talked. I think the talking feature was it's saving grace. They cost like 10 bucks or more. I have seen a few Ernies at a Way out of the way KB Toys, and they batteries wore out (and they were the watch sized ones)

Just giving you another scenario...

Drtooth

Reaction score
But going towards suggestions, have you tried giving Cookie Monster more than one cookie, perhaps in various stages of being eaten? Like a bite out of one. And how about a sheet of removable letter stickers to put on the Cookies to reinact the "letter of the Day" segments.

And how about giving Grover a box of junk (String, tape, etc) with the stuff molded into the box?

grail

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Just giving you another scenario...
All the more reason for us to give our feedback NOW while there's still time. I'm one of the biggest bat-fans around, don't you think I wanna smack the crap out of some of those people at Mattel for some of their "style choices"? I mean, come on...have you SEEN the Superman that comes in that Bats 2-pack? If THEY had gotten some feedback first, maybe we wouldn't have some crappy figures in what should be the greatest toy line this side of Muppets.

Just giving another scenario...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I figure if we don't mention what we want now, we'll likely never get it.

If they're going to base something off of 'art,' I wish they'd use these characterizations:

http://www.toughpigs.com/bookclubc800.htm

I'm not pleased with the decision on the sculpts so far. Bad thing is, I'll likely get them anyways--but, for $9 a pop I want some say in what they're producing, especially since it's for folks in my community of fandom. I want to see something more like the original puppets for a change. We've always only got something from SW like this. We as fans deserve better. I believe F4A could do better, and that's why I'm saying what I say. I'm glad they got the license and decided to do this--but they can do it better than what they're settling on.

Look at the link above and you'll see what it SHOULD look like.

FOZ

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have to agree that of all things, my only complaint is that the price is a bit off. I mean, the 8-10 dollar range is a bit much, and they should try for something in th 7 dollar range. But after seeing the dissappointing Looney Tunes Back in action figures for 12 bucks a pop, 9 bucks for these doesn't seem so bad.

Oh well... at least Daffy comes with an anvil...

Drtooth

Reaction score
here ya go, Foz...

Daffy

Tazmanian Devil

Bugs Bunny

They suck even more in real life. There is also a Monster Tweety, whose sole accessory was a small regular Tweety.

They stand about 5 inches, and they only have four. The main dissappointment is the fact that they didn't even bother to make Yosimite Sam, Elmer Fudd, Foghorn Leghorn (I'd kill for an action figure of him), Wiley Coyote, Road Runner, and Nasty Connasta (from the previews, I can't tell if anyone else is in the movie)

I'm surprised people aren't more dissappointed by these!

jtatooine

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
To me collecting is not about how a figure looks, but what the figure is, who the character is, and why I like them.
To me, an action figure must be made well or I won't buy it. There is a lot of junk out there and I won't buy it just because it involves a character I like... especially at like $8.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
jtatooine said:
To me, an action figure must be made well or I won't buy it. There is a lot of junk out there and I won't buy it just because it involves a character I like... especially at like $8.
I didn't think they looked so bad, however I absolutely will NOT buy anything anymore if the true integrity of the character is not captured in the piece. I've passed up many Blues Brothers, Ghostbusters, Peanuts, and Muppets items because I didn't feel the items captured the true essence of what those characters are.

Status
Not open for further replies.