Muppet merchandise invades Barnes & Noble this November

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lots of Muppet merchandise including the new Sababa White Kermit Santa doll and Palisades Christmas PVC's are coming to a Barnes and Nobel near you. Steve Whitmire will be making two New York in-store appearances with Kermit on Friday November 14th.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2003/102403.shtml

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's cute, but the albino Kermit disturbs me somehow..

But seriously... what I wouldn't give to live in New York to meet the man.. er.. frog! :wink:

Hat Sharpener

Reaction score
Nice to see the Muppets getting dedicated displays and whatnot. Lots of great merchandise out there for it...

But...

Anyone remember high school biology disecting frogs that had been in formaldahyde and lost all color?

- Derek

bizarreblair

Reaction score
We just got the white Kermit in today (I work at B&N). And I must admit, I wondered for a minute if it was a manufacturing error...Anyway, we've been receiving Muppets stuff the last few days. So far we have Corgis, UNO, Dominos, plush Kermit, puzzle, the Muppet Christmas mini-book, and the magic 8 Ball. No chess or Palisades PVCs yet.

King Prawn

Reaction score
does any one know if these will be avaialble through the B&N website, I'd really like to get my hands on those Dominos and finally on the chess set.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Chess set I saw a few weeks ago at Newburry comics. They are quite good. In fact, I don't play chess and I'd love to get my hands on it...

rexcrk

Reaction score
This is great! My mom really loves going to Barnes and Noble and hopefully the local B&N will get the Muppet stuff! Also, since I'm in New Jersey, which is pretty close to New York, I'll get to go to the thing w/ Steve and Kermit! :smile:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
The chess set is a re-release of the older chess set that came out a few years ago, i don't know if it was in the US, but people in the US could buy it from 2momluvme.com. It's now in a tin box and the pieces are the same but I think the game board if diffrent and doesn't have the designs on the end of the Fozzie happy/sad faces. Atleast from what you can see on the back of the tin box.

I saw this at Media Play afew days before I even knew about the Barns and Nobles thing! Media Play all so has the new muppet Dominos which feature one colored head pictures of Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, Animal, Bunsen, Beaker and ROWLF! No Piggy, even though it does list her name on the back....

Zach,

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
I was at Barnes and Noble today and saw the chess set in the tin. I'm kind of disappointed because I'd prefer the tin to the board game boxed-chess set I bought a few years back. Hopefully it's true that the older one has a nicer board (that would make up for the tin for me).

I also saw a TMS Magic 8 Ball. Looked really cheezy and most of the 'answers' weren't even very muppety. Kind of makes me think someone said 'hey-- Muppet fans will give us money for anything if we paint it green and stick a Henson logo on the packaging.'

Albino Kermit freaks me out a bit, too. It's just wrong.

Maybe I've been spoiled by Palisades, my standards for Muppet merchandise are going up as more and more Muppet stuff hits the stores.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Your post seems like it would be similar to my opinion, but I haven't seen some of this stuff yet. I really don't like this white Kermit. There are other cool things they could have done - jingle bells on the collar etc. Kermit is already a Christmas color, why muck it up by making him white? Just didn't get it. It's okay, but I won't get one unless it's a gift.

What did the chess tin look like? Where there any beans? Are the pvcs out yet?