Muppet merchandise invades Barnes & Noble this November

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
The Tin boxed chess set is basicaly just, a large tin box, it's got a window displaying the chess peices though. Oh and Yeah i've been wondering about a Muppet Magic 8 Ball, I mean how does it work?...I know, I know, by shaking it! but would the sayings be like this?

"Oh magic Muppet 8 ball, Will I pass my math test?" (the 8 ball says) "Wocka! Wocka!"

:sympathy: So I guess that means, no, then....

"Oh Muppet Magic 8 ball will there be any nice new Pepe dolls coming out soon?" (the 8 ball says) "Okay" :rolleyes:

Yaaaaaaaay! :smile: it worked! I think??? :confused:

"Oh Muppet Magic 8 ball....I'm doing this fer fun now,...is the Muppet Wizard of Oz roumer true?"

(the 8 ball says) "Kissy Kissy!"

:smirk: Ok I give up..........

Zach,

Drtooth

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
Your post seems like it would be similar to my opinion, but I haven't seen some of this stuff yet. I really don't like this white Kermit. There are other cool things they could have done - jingle bells on the collar etc. Kermit is already a Christmas color, why muck it up by making him white? Just didn't get it. It's okay, but I won't get one unless it's a gift.
Actually... they stole this idea from the Disney store....

I think last year they released a whole set of Albino Poohs and Mickeys...

I personally don't buy just anything. I mean, the object itself has to wow me, then the characters, than all that stuff...

Magic 8 Balls I avoid at all costs. I mean the Simpsons one didn't make me go out and buy it. even then I'm guessing the sayings make more sense

"Oh Yellow 8 Ball... will I ever become a success?"-- Excellent!

"What does that mean? Will my chances be excellent? I need an answer" D'Oh!!

"Uh oh! What does that mean?" Ay Carumba!

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
No PVCs or beans. The Muppet stuff was on a table with other games, not its own display yet.

The tin was a bright red (more orange red than purple red). It wasn't a particularly special tin-- the windows for a few of the chess pieces mean it couldn't be a stand-alone tin, only the box for the game. But I still prefer the sturdier tins to the standard lightweight cardboard boxes.

I didn't play with the Magic 8 Ball for long-- my three month old was hungry-- but the only genuinely Muppety answer I got was: Moi's people will call your people. I also got 'yes' three times-- even after I accidentally dropped the thing on the floor, just couldn't get any other answers so I gave up.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Chhh... that's why I hate those 8 ball things....

tmb1975

Reaction score
I saw white Kermit at BN yesterday, and I literally did a triple take. I was aghast! I thought it was some kind of lookalike until I got up closer. This is just wrong...poor Kermie looked like he had anemia!

BTW, I also saw a bunch of whited-out Eeyores and Pooh bears at the mall yesterday. Those looked just as bad. Anything for a buck nowadays, I guess.

:eek:

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
I kinda like the white Kermit. In the santa suit, he actually looks a little festive and cute.

A lot better than the horrid white plush characters Disney has been putting out every Christmas.

I hate those with a passion.

Rubber Ducky

Reaction score
Does anyone know how much the Kermit is going for at B&N, I just called and the person that answered the phone didn't know and wasn't really willing to go check it out for me.

Thanks!

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Don't know about the price on albino Kermit.

I did see Muppet dominoes at Waldenbooks the other night (I think they're owned by the same company as Barnes and Noble-- or maybe it was B Dalton-- I can't really tell them apart). They also had Muppet Monopoly, Chess, Uno, and that ridiculous Magic 8 Ball. Anyway, it's good to have Muppets in stores.

A friend told me she saw large Swedish Chef dolls at a mall on the east coast. She's a casual Muppet fan and couldn't tell me who the manufacturer was or really any specifics. Anyone know what she might have seen?

Thanks!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Albino Kermit... shudder...

I mean, the Muppet monopoly, other plush, and PVC's (when ever they come out) and chess sets are great, but the albino plushes, uno and magic 8 balls... man... dodgey stuff...

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Every thing I've seen at Barnes & Nobles I've seen at Suncoast Video, except the 8-ball and car figures.

That Albino Kermit would work better if he was... uh, whiter. He kinda' looks like E.T. when he got really sick at the end of the movie.