Dark Crystal Skeksis figures: Before the next ice age please

beaker

Reaction score
I am puzzled...we have Christmas Story, Cheech and Chong, Animal House,
Rocky Horror, Saturday Night Live, Big Trouble In Little China, DragonsLair, etc figures...but still in 2003: NO Dark Crystal figures???(and no those lame 12" Kira and Jen sideshow things dont count)

We know Dark Crystal figures wouldnt be ending up in no 50% discount bin...especially if they looked like this fan made prototype:
http://rebootilicious.rbcorner.com/Muppets/Rufus/Rufus.jpg

Please please tell me a company will have Dark Crystal prototypes at Toy Fair 2004 in February.

PiggyLover13

Reaction score
omg definatly not! oh that is awsome! i would buy a dark crystal set definatly! wow your right if a fan can make this good he/she should be the one designing toys! that is sooo cool!

beaker

Reaction score
PiggyLover13 said:
omg definatly not! oh that is awsome! i would buy a dark crystal set definatly! wow your right if a fan can make this good he/she should be the one designing toys! that is sooo cool!
Well, toyfair is coming up...any chance we might finally see skeksis figures coming?

Fozzie

Reaction score
To be honest, I never really liked Dark Crystal although that figure does look cool!

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
That does it!!!

Seeing this guys prototype/ ameteur fig makes me want to stop producing my own for my collections... That thing is AWESOME!!!

Actually this makes me wanna try even harder. Awesome job whoever you are... Even though Nekkid Skeksis will be giving me a nightmare for several weeks. :concern: :embarrassed: :eek:

jtatooine

Reaction score
beaker said:
and no those lame 12" Kira and Jen sideshow things dont count)
Because of those 12" figures not selling well, no retailers want to carry decent Dark Crystal figures. So blame Sideshow for ruining it for everybody.

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
I blame everyone!!!

I can't blame Sideshow-they put out a helluva product. But then again, I didn't buy any of em cause of the price tag. I sure woulda bought the heck outta some action figures though... The new news-post on on the home page about Labarynth and Dark Crystal stuff being made soon. I hope that this product sells well (odds are I'll be buying that stuff too) so that we might see an action figure line someday. I'm still having nightmares about that Nekkid Skeksis though... I gotta go take a nap while the suns up.

jtatooine

Reaction score
Cap Backfire said:
I can't blame Sideshow-they put out a helluva product.
I was only kidding about blaming them. But I don't think the 12" sold very well.

jediX

Reaction score
They sure sold here -- I bought one of the 7 or so sets my Media Play had and they were sold out within a week or two.