1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Dark Crystal Skeksis figures: Before the next ice age please

Discussion in 'Fantasy Worlds' started by beaker, Oct 30, 2003.

1. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I am puzzled...we have Christmas Story, Cheech and Chong, Animal House,
    Rocky Horror, Saturday Night Live, Big Trouble In Little China, DragonsLair, etc figures...but still in 2003: NO Dark Crystal figures???(and no those lame 12" Kira and Jen sideshow things dont count)

We know Dark Crystal figures wouldnt be ending up in no 50% discount bin...especially if they looked like this fan made prototype:
    http://rebootilicious.rbcorner.com/Muppets/Rufus/Rufus.jpg

Please please tell me a company will have Dark Crystal prototypes at Toy Fair 2004 in February.
  2. PiggyLover13

PiggyLover13 New Member

omg definatly not! oh that is awsome! i would buy a dark crystal set definatly! wow your right if a fan can make this good he/she should be the one designing toys! that is sooo cool!
  3. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Well, toyfair is coming up...any chance we might finally see skeksis figures coming?
  4. Fozzie

Fozzie New Member

To be honest, I never really liked Dark Crystal although that figure does look cool!
  5. Cap Backfire

Cap Backfire New Member

That does it!!!

Seeing this guys prototype/ ameteur fig makes me want to stop producing my own for my collections... That thing is AWESOME!!!

Actually this makes me wanna try even harder. Awesome job whoever you are... Even though Nekkid Skeksis will be giving me a nightmare for several weeks. :concern: :o :eek:
  6. jtatooine

jtatooine New Member

Because of those 12" figures not selling well, no retailers want to carry decent Dark Crystal figures. So blame Sideshow for ruining it for everybody.
  7. Cap Backfire

Cap Backfire New Member

I blame everyone!!!

I can't blame Sideshow-they put out a helluva product. But then again, I didn't buy any of em cause of the price tag. I sure woulda bought the heck outta some action figures though... The new news-post on on the home page about Labarynth and Dark Crystal stuff being made soon. I hope that this product sells well (odds are I'll be buying that stuff too) so that we might see an action figure line someday. I'm still having nightmares about that Nekkid Skeksis though... I gotta go take a nap while the suns up.
  8. jtatooine

jtatooine New Member

I was only kidding about blaming them. But I don't think the 12" sold very well.
  9. jediX

jediX Active Member

They sure sold here -- I bought one of the 7 or so sets my Media Play had and they were sold out within a week or two.
  10. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

11. EleganceLiberty

EleganceLiberty New Member

Actually, wouldn't a Skeksis figure be plausible IF someone released smaller sized 'Dark Crystal' figures? >.>

Just a thought. ^_^;
  12. Jeffboy

Jeffboy New Member

I found some resin models...

Take a look at these:

Skeksis

Mystic

The paint job they did on the Skeksis is pretty good, but still, they look kinda, well, generic. They don't actually look like characters... :confused:

Being a plushmaker, I'm considering making a semi-big Mystic plush in the future...

-Jeff
  13. Verona

Verona New Member

I don't see them! :mad:
  14. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Old, old links. That guy hasn't been to MC for 2 and a half years.

Now you've got me wanting to see those pictures too!
    :)
  15. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

I have 5 different Skeksis figures in my collection :)
    Plus 2 Skeksis heads.
  16. LadyVader

LadyVader New Member

figures how? When? Where????
  17. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Plan B toys-Dark Crystal busts-last year.
    Also, Pinnacle Products(Grenadier Models) made lead figures in 1982.
  18. Verona

Verona New Member

Oooh come on Lazlo! Show us the figures! :cry:
  19. FuzzMonkey

FuzzMonkey New Member

Yeah, I would like to see them also. If you made them yourself, I know they are incredible. Did you ever finish the Hoggle figure? And where can I find an updated page with all of your projects?
  20. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

Yes Hoggle is completed!
    You can see my new stuff here:
    http://skulpturen.deviantart.com/gallery/

Thanks for looking!