I Want a Dog for Christmas, Charlie Brown

Manda:-D

Reaction score
:frown: I missed it. I was baby-sitting my cousins & they wanted to watch "Finding Nemo"....And I wanted to see it so badly....*Sigh*

guysmiley4ever

Reaction score
ARRRGGGHHH! I can't believe I missed it!!
That's not fair, I missed the last one too!!
I heard that it was going to be next week. sigh.
*sniff*

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really wish they'd release these to DVD. I mean, we have that Pied Piper thing that no one seems to have liked, so why not the Valentines Special (only aired once) Lucy must be Traded or this? Maybe they could make a "I want a Dog for Christmas Platnum edition" and include the short vigniets that come with the original CBX

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
guysmiley4ever said:
ARRRGGGHHH! I can't believe I missed it!!
That's not fair, I missed the last one too!!
I heard that it was going to be next week. sigh.
*sniff*
Nice use of Peanut-ism's in your post!!! lol

smcguire

Reaction score
Smy Guiley said:
Who did the music? I must say that nobody could ever replace Vince Guaraldi, as most of the 80's specials lacked that special something that he brought to the earlier specials. Oh well, I'm sure it'll be on again sometime.
David Benoit did the music - he's been doing the music for the TV specials for some time now, starting with "It's Christmastime Again, Charlie Brown" back in 1992.

Mostly he just reworks Guaraldi's themes, but occasionally he adds some of his own compositions. For instance, there were a few subtle non-Guaraldi bits in "I Want a Dog for Christmas" amongst the Guaraldi arrangements.

--Scott M.
Peanuts TV Page: http://web.mit.edu/smcguire/www/peanuts-tv.html

smcguire

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
I really wish they'd release these to DVD. I mean, we have that Pied Piper thing that no one seems to have liked, so why not the Valentines Special (only aired once) Lucy must be Traded or this? Maybe they could make a "I want a Dog for Christmas Platnum edition" and include the short vigniets that come with the original CBX
Good news! "A Charlie Brown Valentine" and "Lucy Must Be Traded" are scheduled to be released on DVD and VHS on January 6 and March 2 of next year, respectively. The DVDs will each include two additional older Peanuts specials.

And while it doesn't have a scheduled release date, I'm told that "I Want a Dog For Christmas" should be released on DVD and VHS next fall. No word on what else it might include, but we can hope "Charlie Brown's Christmas Tales" will be part of it.

--Scott M.
Peanuts TV Page -- http://web.mit.edu/smcguire/www/peanuts-tv.html

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah... I think CBX comes with a bonus feature of the forgotten 90's special, "It's Christmas time again, Charlie Brown!"

Manda:-D

Reaction score
So do I...But it's on VHS.
NOTHING beats the classic-ness of the original Peanuts Christmas special!