Looking for a particular episode...

Fla_Panther

Reaction score
Hi,

An ex-g/f of mine mentioned that she remembered an old episode where the Fraggles find some sort of crystal that hypnotizes them. I don't remember that one, but then again, I don't think I've seen half of them. I asked her if she was sure it wasn't The Dark Crystal, and she said it wasn't. I've looked through an episode guide, but I didn't see anything that mentioned it. Anyone have any idea what she may have been talking about?

Thanks,
~Steve

Avalon

Reaction score
Let's see. The hypnotism episodes that I can think of are We Love You, Wembleyand The Incredible Shrinking Mokey, and the one with the Boredom juice (can't remember the name at the moment). And the only one with a crystal-type thing is The Beast of Blue Rock. So perhaps your friend got things mixed up.

AndyL

Reaction score
There was also "Boober Rock" which involved memory-erasing plants...

Fla_Panther

Reaction score
I don't know...

I don't have the Beast of BlueRock or Bored Stiff, but I checked out the other ones you mentioned, and no, I don't think either of them were what she was referring to.

But now that I'm thinking about it, I think I'm having a flashback, because I can picture it in my head - a hypnotized Doozer, lit in some weird color. But that's all I can remember. Maybe it was Cotterpin, I dunno. But I seem to remember them being hypnotized by some sort of glowing crystal.

Anyone else?

~Steve

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
You might be thinking of Boober And The Glob, in which Doozers are swallowed by a large, glowing pink glob.

G-MAN

Reaction score
Another one involving hypnotism was "Wembly And The Mean Genie"

SarahFraggle

Reaction score
It's not 'Wembley and the Mean Genie', Though I've never seen all of the FR episodes so the one you have desribed may be one I'm not firmilar with. :smirk:

G-MAN

Reaction score
I originally saw it in comic book form first, then later on Disney Channel. In it, Wembley finds a genie in a botttle, but unfortunatley this genie is evil and has been imprisoned there for millions of years. At one point Wembley loses all control over the genie(of course), and he goes on a rampage at one point turning all of the fraggles(except Wembley) into his hypnotized slaves. There was even a cool song here "Do We Want It, (No, Get Out Of Our Way)". Thats all I can remember, I havent seen the episode or the comic in years.