Ask Ken at Palisades

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Sorry Squig...for some reason I don't understand I missed your post. I think it is because when I scan the boards I sometimes do it fast and I assume the long ones are mine and I might miss 'em.

Read the whole thing though, and agreed with most of the stuff there. Good stuff. The nurse's outfits is a hot debate. I agree with how you put it in some respects, not in others. Did you hear about tha possibel solution of scrubs as an accessory? I kind of like that idea...best of both worlds perhaps, and loads of play value. (not to mention the fact, from a pure business angle, it might inspire people to buy two figs so that they can display both versions in their collection...but I never said that!)

Congrats on your anniversary too...I was remiss in remembering to say something about that.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Foreignman
Here you go, Luke, here's that pic you wanted... :big_grin:
Oh MY gawd - You rock !!!!!! ..... and don't nobody start tellin me thats a result of 'image manipulation' cos i simply will refuse to accept it ! :cool:

Happy Anniversary to the future Mr & Mrs Squigmeister. Come to think of it, it's my (and the Ice Maiden's) FIFTH anniversary later this month. Y'know i could shoot someone in the leg and get a shorter sentence than that !

matleo

Reaction score
Originally posted by Foreignman
Here you go, Luke, here's that pic you wanted... :big_grin:

LINK Hogthrob
AWESOME!!!! Only on MC!! HaHa! FM, that is the funniest thing thing I;ve seen this week!!
And the best part, that was actually less time that it took me to send the duck pics ot ken.
--Matt

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hiya,

While doing some research at the old boards, I found that the "Ask Ken" thread had 574 posts, and this one (when I just checked) had 1603. If we count what we had at the old boards, that is 2177 posts we've all made.

No wonder I am sitting in front of my computer all day long!!

I dunno, does this mean we're Ken fans or Figure Fans? I think both, so: Ken, you HAVE to be at the next MuppetFest. No excuses.

ZOF...ouch. Things got backwards for a sec...
FOZ (There, that's better)

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
FOZZI3B3AR Hiya,
Ken, you HAVE to be at the next MuppetFest. No excuses.

Mommy...I'm scared....

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah i think we have an army of Ken fans here, the Muppets are just a sideline and will probably be handled by someone called Belinda by wave 4. I'd support this but i'm a bit worried about possible tabloid scandals - i mean Ken, what the heck have you done with Barbie ?

Luke
-off to register askken.com-

bizarreblair

Reaction score
Ken,

Is that a picture of the re-sculpted Animal head on the back of the VC Beaker box? He looks like he might be a little redder than the pinker earlier version, and I can see some wild hairs lower on his head. Could this be, or does he just look different because it's a head-on shot instead of the regular "angled" shot used in most other "preview" pictures? Thanks.

SuperGrover

Reaction score
Size Wise

I've been looking at these pictures of the series 2 figures http://66.221.124.161/g/?mode=album&album=Wizard_World_July_5th/Muppets&dispsize=500&start=0 and is it just me or these pictures, or does series 2 Muppets seem HUGE? :confused: Are these actual size or enlarged to show texture or something? Or are the silver platform bases raised higher or thicker?

Miss Piggy should be much larger compared to Floyd and Animal -- especially considering Animal and Crazy Harry aren't even standing up straight all the way. Gonzo should be Kermit's size, yet in these pictures he looks like he's bigger than Piggy and even Dr. Teeth. It almost seems as if the two series of figures are each based on their own size scale.

Look at this Muppet lineup. http://www.muppets.com/profiles/profiles.htm Fozzie's missing from this picture (he should head the line-up in front of Rowlf) but Piggy's next in line size wise right after Rowlf. Kermit & Gonzo are about the same size.

Does series 2 appear bigger than series 1 in person? Maybe somebody could answer who was there and saw them at the convention.

Also, I don't think a vanishing Fozzie fits in with this lineup and would only take away from vanishing Beaker. How's about making possible ventriloquist Fozzie re-appear?

PS- Happy 1 year, Squigiman!

matleo

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly

dr. gorry
i have that book.and i say silver bases for series 2.and is it me or do the series 2 figures look huge next to the series 1.i mean look at the pic with bunsen next to fozzie.fozzie's a giant!!!!

ken--
Those are the sculpts compared to the figures themselves. The Foz there is a 1.25 up and the figures are, well, actual figure size.

hey Travis. this came up ysterday morining too. Gorry brought it up and here is Ken's response. I believe this is to say the actual sculpts (which were at the con) are a little bigger than the actual figures and final figures will in fact be smaller. Hope this helps.

--Matt

SuperGrover

Reaction score
matleo

Oh! Hey, thanks. Yes, I didn't see that. :cool: Sorry. Back to my carefree worry about nothin' life of Reiley.