Ask Ken at Palisades

Luke

Reaction score
Hey Travis

Just had to say nice to see you around my super little friend, how are things ?

Hasta la pasta !

GWGumby

Reaction score
I'm glad you enjoyed MFS (Muppets From Space. I need to get used to these acronyms to.) I quite enjoyed it and I think the commentary on the DVD is really cool.

This should probably be moved out of Ask Ken, but since it came up, I've got some questions to anyone who knows: What's up with all the funk music in that movie? One or two numbers would have been okay--especially if done by Dr. Teeth. But the movie was littered with these songs that really seemed out of place.

Second, is it just me or does Fozzie seem to be getting dumber by the movie? We all know he has a penchant for bad jokes but I didn't think it was because he was slow in the head. I thought, like many of the other muppets, he just walked to a different beat.

Third (comment not a question), I love the fact the movie centers around Gonzo, but was sad at that he spent the whole movie depressed. What I love about Gonzo was his wild ways and love of crazy stunts (jumping in front of cars, hanging from balloons) which due to his predicament in this movie were sadly lacking other than a cannon shot at the end.

Fourth, how can you have a movie called "Muppets from Space" without a single nod or mention of "Pigs in Space"?

I also love the Great Muppet Caper. I enjoy it even better than the first movie (I was too young to get most of the in-jokes for that one). I giggle every time Kermit and Fozzie get mixed up ("Look Grandpa a bear." "No, Christi, that's a frog. Bears wear hats.") and the John Cleese cameo is classic ("What's that dear? "Nothing, just a pig climbing up the side of the building") But that's just me.

Ummmm..., to make this applicable to Ask Ken:

I've noticed Janice's hair changes quite a bit from project to project. Do you know how her hair will be modelled/sculpted for her basic Electric Mayhem figure?

Gonzo

Reaction score
For the record Ken,

My favorite Muppet Movie is ALSO "The Great Muppet Caper." Mostly because the Pig is gooood lookin' in it. But it's also funnier than most of the others, and isn't a retread of the original flick, like Muppets Take Manhattan is. Anyhoo.

That's it.

I assume Matleo already took care of the Duckie pics--if you need any others, let me know--got about six billion of them, but wasn't online this morning to get the worm.

Quinnnnnnnnn

Luke

Reaction score
Quinn, when i first saw Ken was putting out an S.O.S on Rubber Duckies i immediately thought of your schmoo - by the time i had finished laughing my socks off at the pictures at Quinnarama it was time for Dinner ! LOL ! :big_grin:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
hmm, yes most muppet fans dislike MFS and LOVE TGMC!

songs and dances are a BIG part of the muppets, that's what the Muppet show is all about, skits and songs and musical numbers. it's what made the Muppets big, Jim Henson loved music and TGMC displays it wonderfuly, also with amazing puppet action, bikes,air balloon,driving cars,motorcycles, and all the muppets climing the side of a building.

like they say in the video ad's "it the movies that's got something for everyone!" my grandma enjoys the miss piggy numbers, my brother likes the taxi part, i love the whole thing! this movie makes piggy shine!

with muppets from space you only get a one way trip to the moon and then your stuck there...it's not as bad as people make it out to be thought.

my favorite is TGMC but TMM runs right by it'side, then TMTM and the forth Muppet movie i like most would be MFS, then MTI and then MCC,

MCC is a great movie,but a poor muppet film whats with the "new" muppet sprits that will never see the light of day again, Sweetums should have been the ghost of christmas Present, i like that character and Jerry did a great job with him, but now what?

everyones got opitions, here are mine

Zack)Rowlf the, it's not a real muppet movie unless rowlf the dog atleast gets to say some words in it;-) Dog.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Sweetums should have been the ghost of christmas Present

exactly!

Luke

Reaction score
Hey Guys

Do any of you peeps know the email address to ask henson a question - is it askhenson@henson.com ?

This is not action figure related - i am just lazy !

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Not action figure related? You know Luke, we want to keep this thread about figures only because there isn't enough talk of figures and the posts keep getting lost among quetions about asking Henson! LOL! :smile:

(Only kidding of course)

I don't know - I tried to ask them questions but they never replied.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
I don't know - I tried to ask them questions but they never replied.
LOL - Maybe they haven't worked out how to navigate their site yet - i know i haven't - in fact i can't even access it till i download the new version of Flash so it seems like the majority are locked out, maybe they took offence to my harsh criticisms of 'Jack and the Beanstalk' ? :rolleyes:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Actually it should be Flash 5 compatible. That's weird! I know Flash 6 is out, but their site is so simply made that it shouldn't require an upgrade. Maybe the monkey writers are building sites now.