Looking for actual Muppets

drgupp

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I would be able to find actual muppets used on the show for sale? I'm looking for an actual beaker muppet as part of a set up for proposing to my girlfriend. If anyone can give me any information on this it'd be greatly appreaciated. Thanks. !:eek:

PukkaPukka

Reaction score
If you're looking at getting actual Muppets, I'm afraid to say that you are out of luck. The Company would never let the actual ones (or any duplicates, for that matter) get out into the general public - for free or for sale. Point is: It ain't gonna happen (with finding real show Muppets). On the other hand, there are various for-sale Muppets available (there's a Kermit puppet around somewhere from a merchandiser that's available, but Beaker? Not as far as I know). You could always get a Beaker plush and get a little inventive. Just my suggestion to let you avoid dozens of comments against your question. It's a legitimate question, believe me...it's just not feasible. Get inventive. I'm sure you'll figure something out.

>Adam

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
There are a few fans on here who have made their own Beaker. I don't think they're selling them (and if they are they shouldn't be!!) but there has been a lot of discussion in the Puppetry forum about how to do this, including this thread.

Bork Bork made a Beaker awhile ago and had pictures online at http://muppets.zapto.org/muppets.htm but I think his site is down right now. You could try emailing him privately to see if he could help you. Otherwise I'd suggest searching the puppetry forum for "Beaker Puppet". This is a subject that has come up a lot in the past.

Good luck!

No1MuppetFan

Reaction score
In case you are not aware, actual muppets puppets are unavalible to purchase anywhere, this is because of copyright infringement. What exactly did you plan on doing with the beaker for the proposal?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
Bork Bork made a Beaker awhile ago and had pictures online at http://muppets.zapto.org/muppets.htm but I think his site is down right now.
I have his photos of Beaker and Sam Eagle's head! They are AWESOME!! I still show them (this many years later) to people.

Someone else on the boards had made their own Animal puppet, which was super cool, as well as a Pepe (but he's not small, yet still cool looking).

I made my own Swedish Chef (not very much like him, but I wanted one and made one I could play with), and Mahna-Mahna (see Portfolio at www.picturetrail.com/muleythemule for both of them). I also made a Slimer (from Ghostbusters) puppet/display prop.

I have been dying for my own Muppet Penguin, and since they aren't available, I might have to make one. I just think it'd be awesome to have one to throw around...maybe blow it up. :zany: :crazy:

Purk

Reaction score
drgupp said:
Does anyone know where I would be able to find actual muppets used on the show for sale? I'm looking for an actual beaker muppet as part of a set up for proposing to my girlfriend. If anyone can give me any information on this it'd be greatly appreaciated. Thanks. :eek:
Hi, there are beaker puppets here's a link: http://store.yahoo.com/wickedcoolstuff/mube18pl.html
haven't seen any handpuppets though..... :eek:
good luck, hope she will say yes... :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Good plan, Purk. If one could find a big enough plush, they could do some alterations and make it into a puppet. Forgot about that! Hmm....

drgupp

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks everyone for the advice and info. I guess it's time to use my noggin and see if a plush will do it or if I need to make a new plan (I have a bit of time since I don't have a ring quite yet :wink: ). Thanks again.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
If you want to convert a Beaker plush, John Kennedy has a good method for turning plush toys in to hand puppets in his book "Puppet Mania." You can find it on amazon.com or at most major bookstores right now.