Listen on-line to Disney Shareholders Meeting

dmx10101

Reaction score
Q&A session now has no mention so far of the Muppets, but there has been some interesting questions.

Luke

Reaction score
It's over - Eisner and the rest of the board were re-elected. He got a billion more votes then the ones against him.

MuppetNewsFlash

Reaction score
I caught the Disney consumer product part, but must have come in on the whole thing after the mention of the purchase of Muppets and bitbbh so i didn't hear them mention Jim's name. I have to say what most upset me was not having the Muppets mentioned at all during the cable chanels part of the meeting. :sympathy:

Luke

Reaction score
So yeah Eisners in - but over 40% of people witheld their vote (against him) so it does still make it very tricky for him to hold on. The thing is there is nobody really standing against him to take his place right now.

dmx10101

Reaction score
Luke said:
So yeah Eisners in - but over 40% of people witheld their vote (against him) so it does still make it very tricky for him to hold on. The thing is there is nobody really standing against him to take his place right now.
Eisner is here to stay, it figures! The Muppets are doomed! :concern: I guess SaveDisney.com didn't work well enough.

FigmentGonzo

Reaction score
dmx10101 said:
Eisner is here to stay, it figures! The Muppets are doomed! :concern: I guess SaveDisney.com didn't work well enough.
Actually - no CEO has ever lasted with an against vote higher than 28%. Eisner's was 43%. He was voted in again because there was no one to take his place at this time. Either he steps down gracefully on his own account, the board kicks him out due to such a large no-confidence vote, or at next year's stockholder meeting and holder of stock can nominate someone to go against him. However - if he leaves now, he will receive an insane (I'm talking millions and millions of dollars) exit bonus. If he leaves in 2006, he gets basically nothing. It's a matter of booting him out now (which I'm all for - have been for 10 years ever since poor Frank Wells passed away) or keeping him around 2 more years...

SaveDisney and the efforts of the stockholders (me included) who voted against him did a lot - it worked better than Roy and Stanley predicted. It sent a bolt of lightning through the board that they can not ignore. Change is in the wind - it's just a matter of when. Believe me - the SaveDisney efforts are NOT in vain. It is a happy day for us Disney fans who want the magic back.

Jessica

dmx10101

Reaction score
FigmentGonzo said:
Actually - no CEO has ever lasted with an against vote higher than 28%. Eisner's was 43%. He was voted in again because there was no one to take his place at this time. Either he steps down gracefully on his own account, the board kicks him out due to such a large no-confidence vote, or at next year's stockholder meeting and holder of stock can nominate someone to go against him. However - if he leaves now, he will receive an insane (I'm talking millions and millions of dollars) exit bonus. If he leaves in 2006, he gets basically nothing. It's a matter of booting him out now (which I'm all for - have been for 10 years ever since poor Frank Wells passed away) or keeping him around 2 more years...

SaveDisney and the efforts of the stockholders (me included) who voted against him did a lot - it worked better than Roy and Stanley predicted. It sent a bolt of lightning through the board that they can not ignore. Change is in the wind - it's just a matter of when. Believe me - the SaveDisney efforts are NOT in vain. It is a happy day for us Disney fans who want the magic back.

Jessica
When you put it that way, it's sounding good. I just hope he's gone soon. Roy Disney should head the company, after all Disney is in his name!!

Whatever

Reaction score
He's been kicked out as chairman of the board already. So that would indicate future changes, hopefully.