Listen on-line to Disney Shareholders Meeting

MuppetNewsFlash

Reaction score
I've been listening through my local abc website, few mentions of the muppets, nothing on what they will do with them. no mention of the name jim henson though. during shareholders comment section concerning the board of directors, it seemed eisner had more support then attackers. unfortunately.
as of 1:47 eastern. there is still a question and answer section to come hopefully then we'll see more attacks on eisner's performance.

dmx10101

Reaction score
I started listening and so far all I've heard is them talking about the theme parks and the ABC network. It is suppose to have only a half hour left. It's suppose to end at 2:30 pm, It's 2 pm right now.

MuppetNewsFlash

Reaction score
It's defintiely going way over, it was supposed to be over at 2:30 it's 2:41 and the president of espn is talking. what has been most disapointing to me is that when the president of Disney cable including Disney channel an ABC family spoke they mentioned brands they would be building on and strong characters but not once was the muppets mentioned. :eek:

dmx10101

Reaction score
Yep it's going way over, 4 hrs 47 min. and counting. True, they didn't mention the Muppets at all. I guess they don't matter to them!

dmx10101

Reaction score
Q&A session is on now. A guy just asked a question was said he's 15 and he's a shareholder!

MuppetNewsFlash

Reaction score
I've had shares since I was about 12. I live in Philly and wish I could have gone today as well as the SAVEDisney meeting last night but work wouldn't allow it.

dmx10101

Reaction score
The guy said he's 15 and has been a shareholder for 7 years. I've never had shares of any stock, I don't know really how to get shares of stock for a company.

Luke

Reaction score
There have been mentions of both Jim Henson and The Muppets. First of all they talked about reaching a deal with the Henson family to buy Bear In The Big Blue House and Jim Henson's The Muppets. They called the Muppets 'evergreen' and emphasised what historic characters they were (which is a bit twofaced if they are planning to drop the Henson name). Later on, during the Disney Consumer Products presentation they mentioned that they (DCP) will now be handling the Muppets. They said this at the end of listing their other properties.