Listen on-line to Disney Shareholders Meeting

FigmentGonzo

Reaction score
Roy can not take the CEO/Chairman role due to his age. This was the initial problem, when the board forced him to leave last November as he was over the retirement age. Mr. Disney is in his mid-70's, so unless they drastically changed the requirements, I don't think there is anyway he could be CEO/Chairman. That and the fact that he doesn't want to be! I believe back in 1984 this idea was shuttled around, along with after his father Roy O. Disney passed away in 1972. I don't think he wants such a position - he was much happier as the head of the Animation studio where, in my opinion, he did an outstanding job.

Roy and Stanley have a list of people they would like to see take over, but wisely they are not sharing it. I know a suitable replacement will be found - it's just a matter of time and very careful planning. Changes of a magnitude such as this can not happen overnight. But they will be coming!

Jessica

dmx10101

Reaction score
FigmentGonzo said:
Roy can not take the CEO/Chairman role due to his age. This was the initial problem, when the board forced him to leave last November as he was over the retirement age. Mr. Disney is in his mid-70's, so unless they drastically changed the requirements, I don't think there is anyway he could be CEO/Chairman. That and the fact that he doesn't want to be! I believe back in 1984 this idea was shuttled around, along with after his father Roy O. Disney passed away in 1972. I don't think he wants such a position - he was much happier as the head of the Animation studio where, in my opinion, he did an outstanding job.

Roy and Stanley have a list of people they would like to see take over, but wisely they are not sharing it. I know a suitable replacement will be found - it's just a matter of time and very careful planning. Changes of a magnitude such as this can not happen overnight. But they will be coming!

Jessica
I didn't know he was that old, isn't there anybody else left with Disney in their last name?

FigmentGonzo

Reaction score
dmx10101 said:
I didn't know he was that old, isn't there anybody else left with Disney in their last name?
Walt had two daughters who later married, and I know some of them worked with the company for a while, but I know of no one else who is a direct descendent of either Roy O. or Walt who is now working for the company or may at some point.

Jessica

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
FigmentGonzo said:
Walt had two daughters who later married, and I know some of them worked with the company for a while, but I know of no one else who is a direct descendent of either Roy O. or Walt who is now working for the company or may at some point.

Jessica
Walt and Roy have ton of descendent but they are in the entertainment industry that much. Walt's grandson is a independent director, if that is any help. So far out of all the Disney kids, Roy has the most interest for the company.