Cheap Webhosting!

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Hi All, I just wondered if theres anyone here who needs some good but cheap webhosting. The Webhost I use is excellent and its an Australian company but the servers are in the US, I think its the best value around. They need new customers and are doing a special deal with exisiting customers if they encourage new members to sign up. Its a small Australian company with great service and all the features needed. more than most hosts provide.

So if you are looking to upgrade your webhosting from free bad quality or even expensive and bad quality hosting let me know at paul@muppetsdownunder.com If you are paying too much for hosting now I reccomend this host, its excellent and have been using it myself for about a year.

The prices are about $39AUS for a whole year and you get all this.

100 Megabytes Diskspace
6 Gigabytes of Bandwidth Each Month
Host 3 Domain Names
$39.50 AUS Per Year
50 Web Based Email & Pop Email
10 Sub Domains
10 FTP Accounts
10 MySQL Databases
10 Mailing Lists
Email Autoresponders
E-mail Aliases
Block E-mail
E-mail Forwarding
Spam Assassin
Preinstalled Scripts
Search Engine Submittal Tool
Countdown Clock
Squirrel Mail - Neomail - Horde
Fantastico

I'm not advertising, im just recomending a great service especially if you are unhappy with your current ones. Theres bigger plans too but this is the one i use.

Hope I could help someone cos its a good deal! :smile: :wink:

Beebers

Reaction score
Wow, cool, I may be in touch with you about it, thanks for posting it.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Thanks for being interested! it is great hosting, Its worked for my website and thats even with a forum. I felt a bit bad about posting about this cos it is kind of advertising but I'm just recommending something good!

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
What on earth do you do with ten MySQL databases? :confused:

Seriously though, that sounds like a really good deal. I deal with Doteasy which will actually host your site for free if you use them to tranfer/renew/buy your domain name. The free package doesn't include CGI scripts, PHP or that kind of higher end stuff but if you have a simple site to be hosted it does the job nicely. They also have higher-end packages available too.

dmx10101

Reaction score
I'd like to start a site, but I'm not real advanced when it comes to making one. Could somebody explain that these things are-
FTP Accounts
MySQL Databases
Preinstalled Scripts
Fantastico

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
dmx10101 said:
I'd like to start a site, but I'm not real advanced when it comes to making one. Could somebody explain that these things are-
FTP Accounts
MySQL Databases
Preinstalled Scripts
Fantastico
I should be able to help you out! These hosting packages are sortof for people with a little experience but its not hard to use at all. FTP (File Transfer Protocol) accounts can be assigned to certain people to allow them to upload/download files off your server. FTP is used to upload websites to the webhost so they can be accessed on the internet.
MYSQL is something I'm not all that good with because they are quite complicated, they are just databases on the server that you have that can be used to control certain things or full websites. the forum on my site uses a mysql database and I would assume Muppet Central does.
These certainly arent reccomended for inexperienced users, I have plenty of trouble with this stuff.

The Preinstalled scripts are among the many extras included with this excellent webhost. These are just designed to easily install software onto your webserver, with a click of a button instead of hours of time installing something that only an experienced person should do. A forum is a type of software that runs on a webserver.

Squirrel Mail, Neomail, Horde are yet another great feature of this webhost. They all do basically the same thing allowing you to access your email from any computer in the world without having to install email software like microsoft outlook. It works much like Hotmail or yahoo webmail except its all on your host and in your full control.

Fantastico is another extra offered free with this host, it just makes it easy to install software to your server, forums, polls, counters etc.

Although the host comes with many features you can still use it for simple sites just simply upload the site to the server and you are away.

I hope I could help.

the webhost I was talking about does have heaps more features even more expensive hosts have. I don't know how they do it for the price.

Thanks again,
from Paul

Laisaismine

Reaction score
MMMMmmmm....

:excited: That Don't Look To Bad I'll Be In Touch I Think

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Laisaismine said:
:excited: That Don't Look To Bad I'll Be In Touch I Think
yeah it is good. I noticed you are another Australian! and in Sydney too! we'd love to have you aboard our forum at www.muppetsdownunder.com The site is currently being updated though but the forum is ok. Where do all these Australians come from! and most arent even members at our Australian forum.

dmx10101

Reaction score
Hmm. that's for educating me on all of that. send me a email with somemore info on this host. I might be interested.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
dmx10101 said:
Hmm. that's for educating me on all of that. send me a email with somemore info on this host. I might be interested.
Thanks, I will email you as soon as I have time!