I want to know more about the Count von Count

core

Reaction score
I have hear him!
Well, his voice is totaly differend than I thought. :eek:

(In context):

I've listen on a fragment of "The Song Of The Count" and I saw a singing Faramir in my mind. I don't know why I associate The Count with Faramir, but that's just the way it is. http://home.hetnet.nl/~advkntvdeijk/faramirsinging.jpg
It is just my personality experience.

I see he is 1,832,652 years old. In fact he is born in the prehistoric time.
Probbably he isn't a homosapiens.
the oldest fossil evidence for anatomically modern humans is about 130,000 years old in Africa, and there is evidence for modern humans in the Near East sometime before 90,000 years ago.
http://www.mnh.si.edu/anthro/humanorigins/ha/sap.htm
Er.... :rolleyes:

Countess von Backwards has a necklace with the numbers 10 through to 0 hanging from it with the numbers streaming in backwards order from her right to her left shoulders.
Countess Dahling van Dahling is a more aristocratic character and has the numbers streaming in ascending order from 1 to 10 from her right to left shoulders.
Have his girlfriends got also an own personality? Or loves he only them for tair necklaces?

I see he drive his car by himsef, I believe he is ritch enough to pay a chauffeur. Mebe in fact he has got more hobbies? (ride by car)
http://www.muppet.coolfreepage.com/pic/logo/ramme1.gif

And this:
http://www.omroep.nl/nps/sesamstraat/gfx/lijsten/bert_ernie_graaftel.jpg
I see he has got an interest of achitecture. When I look to his sand castle. I see a comby of roman architecure and an oriantal-orthodox style.(thair gates are diferend decorated. Its typical Roman, whem gates and pillars have a different decaration in a same building).

I'd suggest you contact Justin Faulknor and try to get at least a sound sampling of the Count's voice to help you out. If he can't, then try Warrick or ssetta or other forum members with access to links to sound sampling websites.
Thanks. I try to look first by my self, but if I find nothing, I'll tray to ask them.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, both Countesses have personalities of their own.
Countess von Backwards has her numbered necklace because she prefers to count down instead of up, hence the subtractive quality of her demeanor.
Countess Dahling van Dahling is more of an aristocratic character, she would often join the Count for some sort of get-togethers, like when they were both at his castle watching an episode of twenty-something. This was a spoof of the popular TV show thirty-something, where the Count accepted the sometimes applicable inexactitude of general numberings.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

core

Reaction score
Thank you very much about these info.

I know how looks like the Countess Dahling von Dahling but I don't know how looks like the Countess von Backwards.
I've made a gamble how she looks like
I know onley now she wears a necklace with backwards numbers, but for the rest I don't know
Is her face looks like this? :
http://home.hetnet.nl/~advkntvdeijk/countesvonbackwards.jpg

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not the best person to ask for visual confirmation, since I'm partially blind and can't see images posted on a computer nor TV screen.
However, my memory of Countess von Backwards from when my sight was better is that she had brown hair flowing down to the ground in a swept-back style, and she wore this sort of dark yellow shirt/dress that resembled gypsy garb.
Hope this helps, and hope you find someone who can give you a better pic descript than this.
Mayhaps this would be a perfect time to contact some of the other forumers who have access to screen grab technology like Justin or Boober_Gorg.

core

Reaction score
All right, I know this topic is old, but I don't like to start a new one with a same thema.

I have got a new question.
What's the given name of the Count?
(To prevent any misunderstandings, I mean the muppet Count and not the member of course). :wink:

I think: Kim, Ole, and Kjell are given names wich sounds by him very good.
I know he is an Transivanian, but mebe he has got Norwaygian parents? :sympathy:

But how is he called real?

Censored

Reaction score
core said:
All right, I know this topic is old, but I don't like to start a new one with a same thema.

I have got a new question.
What's the given name of the Count?
(To prevent any misunderstandings, I mean the muppet Count and not the member of course). :wink:

I think: Kim, Ole, and Kjell are given names wich sounds by him very good.
I know he is an Transivanian, but mebe he has got Norwaygian parents? :sympathy:

But how is he called real?

As far as I know, his only names are "Count" or "Count von Count".

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
The given name of the character in question, my namesake, has changed. From his first appearance up to Season 15, his token name was simply "The Count". But then, in 1985/1986 for the time of Season 16, I remember an article being published in the English newspaper here in PR saying two main things about changes to the show for Season 16.
1 The adoption of Miles.
2 The producers wanted to give my namesake a more complete name, with proper nobilitary title. So they changed his name to the Count von Count. And that's how he's been listed in my massive Muppet Listings.

core

Reaction score
Alright I understand.
In my opinion Ole sounds also nice, but I'm glad to know sure what's his real names.
His given name sounds exakley as his sur name.

Special.

Censored

Reaction score
The Count said:
The given name of the character in question, my namesake, has changed. From his first appearance up to Season 15, his token name was simply "The Count". But then, in 1985/1986 for the time of Season 16, I remember an article being published in the English newspaper here in PR saying two main things about changes to the show for Season 16.
1 The adoption of Miles.
2 The producers wanted to give my namesake a more complete name, with proper nobilitary title. So they changed his name to the Count von Count. And that's how he's been listed in my massive Muppet Listings.

I think the article was off on the dates about the Count's name. I remember him being called the "Count von Count" on his record album in the 70's.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Rully? Which one? As far as I understood it, the one main record from back in the day was "The Count's Countdown". But then again, I may be wrong and there may be some information that I don't know about. Well, in any case, hope this helps and have a good weekend.