Is the Muppet Movie censored on DVD?

WiGgY

Reaction score
Dang. I hate edits. The edit in the car was really bad. You hear Doc say Maz as if starting a sentence and it just doesn't connect right. Stupid pointless edits.

jediX

Reaction score
Yea...by the time MFC gets released on dvd again or in whatever the subsequent format is, it'll be 5 minutes long. jk (I hope). Not sure why Muppet stuff keeps getting shredded down as virtually everything else gets the full version on the dvd. I can understand cutting out songs because of copyright issues, but seriously, diaglogs about money aren't like that...... :crazy:

So at least one question was answered: the MM&M album version of 'The Magic Shop' is the UK soundtrack.

Oh, and for the record, just last year Kermit made a joke regarding grasshopper drinks on Jimmy Kimmel:

From "The Kerminator":
Kermit: Grasshoppers for everybody!
[bartender hands him a green drink in a martini glass]
Kermit: What the heck is this? I asked for a grasshopper!

I have the CBS/Fox vhs version of the movie, and I will check that tomorrow afternoon if I can. Even though I'm sure all that stuff is only on the UK version...+

anathema

Reaction score
Yes, it's only on the UK release - and only on one specific release at that. Having watched some of it, it looks like it's actually a different cut of the movie - there are notable differences in many scenes.

WiGgY

Reaction score
One day I'd like to see a 100% full version (wide screen too) of every muppet movie with every single deleted scene and blooper. The cat in the freakin' hat gets hours of crud. TMM gets one small screen test and 3 muppetisms that have been released already.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
You said it Wiggy, Cat and the Hat didn't even do too well did it? and a person could get hours apon hours of junk on that DVD, i also want a Muppet dvds like that, only it wouldn't be junk, it would be treasure! :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually it did do well... people just loooove to see crap. Heck... I bet even the Gigli DVD has 5 hours of extras!

I'm guessing they purged all copies of the missing scenes, including master copies (for no frikkin' apparent reason) and they didn't think they're be a market for DVD's when they deleted the stuff... so it was lost forever. But that's just a guess...

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
Well the 3 hour cut of Labyrinth still exists in the Muppet vaults to perhaps the Muppet Movie exists out there somewhere.

anathema

Reaction score
Prior to the advent of home video, and more specifically laserdisc, there was absolutely *no reason* for a movie studio to keep outtakes, deleted material or anything else other than the final movie. And plenty of sound reasons not to: it takes up space; it serves no useful purpose. Some stuff has survived either as a deliberate policy of the film-maker or studio, other material just by chance. And a good deal of material that was intended to be kept has simply deteriorated and rotted away...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Which is my point... you see... with films today (even ones as bad as Gigli and Cat in the Hat) they plan the DVD ahead of the movie, and keep everything they can, shoot alternate endings, and cast interviews... etc. Certain films don't even have anything for extras period, since they are too old to keep footage... but they do go out and shoot interviews and such.

I remember Weird AL YAnkovic saying (in the commentary for UHF) that he actually had a lot of unused footage on a VHS tape in a closet, just for kicks.

GonzoPimp

Reaction score
Uhf

UHF, now there’s a master piece. I grew up on that stuff, with just a hint of cheese.

If anyone can get a me good copy of the UK Muppet Movie with the added scenes and different cuts, I would pay.

I prefer NTSC, but I could go for PAL.

Can anyone out there hook a brother up?