The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

MikeWatt

Reaction score
Right after Henson died, I was on a shoot at a student's apartment. On his refrigerator was a cartoon he'd done. Bert is hanging out with Ernie, Ernie is driving him crazy as usual. Then Ernie begins to fade away. Bert then wakes up in his bed and looks around the apartment, at the empty soap dish on the tub, the sweater folded on the bed with the "E" on the headboard. The last panel is Bert with his head in his hands. I've never seen that cartoon posted anywhere - this was before the internet was as big as it is now - and I'd love to have a copy of it. Just thinking about it chokes me up.

Mike Watt

dwayne1115

Reaction score
wow very sad i think i must have to say the most tear jercking moment would be now we are un sure how disney is going to do with the muppets. im happy with some things but some things just make me cry i wish ohh i wish Jim was Still alive.

unclematt

Reaction score
MikeWatt said:
Right after Henson died, I was on a shoot at a student's apartment. On his refrigerator was a cartoon he'd done. Bert is hanging out with Ernie, Ernie is driving him crazy as usual. Then Ernie begins to fade away. Bert then wakes up in his bed and looks around the apartment, at the empty soap dish on the tub, the sweater folded on the bed with the "E" on the headboard. The last panel is Bert with his head in his hands. I've never seen that cartoon posted anywhere - this was before the internet was as big as it is now - and I'd love to have a copy of it. Just thinking about it chokes me up.

Mike Watt
Mike if you have luck finding this I would love to see it

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
MikeWatt said:

Mike Watt
Yeah, I'd like to see something like that.

I have seen a few "speechless" posters with the Looney Tunes characters after Mel Blanc died. I know that's sort of off topic here, but hearing of that cartoon reminded me of that. I would like to see that Bert and Ernie cartoon sometime. It seems like a very nice tribute to Jim.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
unclematt said:
Hopefully that heart will be back soon.
Actually, I think the heart is still there. Both It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie and The Muppet Wizard of Oz made me tear up in some places. Actually, all of the movies do.

rumtar_10165

Reaction score
I would say the day when Jim Died.
I had just put my money aside to go to a Puppeteer's convention, When I turned the TV.
The show was a daytime news talk show, called Hour Magazine.
They made that Anouncement that Jim Had died.
I turned to CNN. ans sure enough they talked about it.

I had my dreams of working with Jim Henson. I had always wanted to say to him and shake his hand. Thank you Mr. Henson, for your magic.
But when it was anounced that Jim died. My Dream had Died as well.
Sure I know that there is other puppeters that I can work with but there will never be another James Henson.

To those who kew him best, Thank you for keeping his magic alive.
To the fans and this site. Thank you for keeping the memories alive.
To Jim Henson Thank you for the Magic of the Muppets.
We still miss you, Jim. :cry:

wes

Reaction score
Rumtar,
I have to agree with you on that one, i think evry good puppeteer Cried the Day Jim Died, I was 10 years old, and He was my hero the only star i ever wanted to meet.
It was the only time i can remember crying over someone who's not my family, who had past away.

He will always be miss,
No one will ever be as good as he!:cry:

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Skeeter Muppet said:
And yet another one from me...

Bear singing "The Goodbye Song" at last year's MDA telethon...alone. It's just...it's not the same without Luna singing along with him.

-Kim
I know this is a bit off topic, perhaps. But what happened to Luna? I like BITBBH, but I've never actually kept tightly with it. Did she die of Muscular Distrophy? Or did she just simply die/leave? I'm really curious. :confused:

bigbirdfan

Reaction score
Mine was with Ms.Bitterman in A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie!