The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I think I'd have to go with the final moments from "The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson". Not just the reading of several letters, which absolutely tugs at the heartstrings, but what puts me over the edge every time is during "Just One Person", when Kermit comes into the picture. It's the most profound right upon his entrance, in my opinion, because he's not speaking, he's just watching all the rest of them. Maybe it evokes for me an image of Jim's ghost, silently grinning and watching the scene and appreciating all these people. Then, when Kermit finally speaks and says "See, I knew you guys could do the tribute for Jim", we hear the "new" Kermit, and are even more moved to know that, in some way, part of Jim will never die.

Just my two cents!

That's a nice way of looking at things. And I agree. The Just One Person scene puts me in tears every time.

Telly

Reaction score
I remember seeing Muppets From Space for the first time in the theater. Before I went, I heard internet-rumor that this was the last Muppet film. So I had that in the back of my mind while watching the movie. Come to the part when Gonzo is saying good bye to Rizzo and Kermit...I was ALMOST in tears.

babyPiggy

Reaction score
all the ones people said are pretty sad especially the jim henson tribute but another thing that gets me sad is when baby gonzo says stuff like "maybey if i pretend to be all of the things Piggy loves, she'll love me too" (also when he sings i'll be blue for you) so i guess baby gonzo was just really good at showing emotions. :cry:

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
all the ones people said are pretty sad especially the jim henson tribute but another thing that gets me sad is when baby gonzo says stuff like "maybey if i pretend to be all of the things Piggy loves, she'll love me too" (also when he sings i'll be blue for you) so i guess baby gonzo was just really good at showing emotions. :cry:
I agree! Every time I watch the I'll Be Blue For You scene, I always tear up.

Foxieroxie51

Reaction score
You all moved me with your memories, amazing that these characters are so true to life and experience what we do as well. To create that kind of emotion in us all are great works of artistic ability. Thanks for ever to the late and the great Henson !

Gold Demona

Reaction score
"Saying Goodbye"

It still makes me cry just listening to it.

kermyisgreen

Reaction score
Sadest Moment

My sadest moment was when I saw the picture on the cover of Time Magazine, I think it was Time Magazine, of Kermit sitting in Jim Henson's directors chair all sad...you know the photo after Jim passed. That made me feel very sad. :smile:

Blinky_Fish

Reaction score
Hands down...

Big Bird singing it's not easy being green at the memorial.

OUCH

blessedpsycho

Reaction score
The tear-jerker moments for me would be:

1) Big Bird singing "I'm So Blue" in Follow That Bird
2) The "Christmas Future" in The Muppet Christmas Carol
3) "Saying Goodbye" in The Muppets Take Manhattan
4) Kermit singing "It's Not Easy Being Green" on The Muppet Show