The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to Muppet Central. Boppity, if you're looking for a copy of The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson, I suggest you contact fellow forum member KermiClown as he has it in his massive Muppet video library. Hope this helps and have a good weekend.

Boppity

Reaction score
Hi and welcome to Muppet Central. Boppity, if you're looking for a copy of The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson, I suggest you contact fellow forum member KermiClown as he has it in his massive Muppet video library. Hope this helps and have a good weekend.
Thank you ^_^

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
There are several scenes in The Muppet Movie that make me tear up. The Rainbow Connection, I'm Going to Go Back There Someday, Kermit talking to homself about his dreams and how he tought he was letting everyone down, his showdown with Doc Hopper, The Magic Store... The whole movie made me laugh and cry in a happy way.

From The Muppet Show, Gonzo's Wishing Song from the Madeline Kahn episode was really heartwrenching.

Just One Person from the Jim Henson special makes me cry buckets

And this is a little more obsure, but when Jim Henson is pictured on screen with Kermit the Frog for that split second in The American Adventure at EPCOT in Disney World, my heart swells.

RealMissPiggy

Reaction score
:cry: To me the saddest moment is when Jim died and all the muppets sang "Just One Person" from Snoopy the Musical. I was all chocked up!

I absolutely agree... i remember when i was a kid watching that and i honestly didn't realize the magnitude of what was happing i just felt sick re-watching it on you-tube makes me utterly depressed! The Passing of Jim Henson was such a tremendous loss! :frown:

Oh... did you know Jim Henson had requested when he died to kill of Ernie! he wanted kids to be able to understand the realism of death ! but they obviously didn't!

Muppet Loverr

Reaction score
Oh... did you know Jim Henson had requested when he died to kill of Ernie! he wanted kids to be able to understand the realism of death ! but they obviously didn't!
well if he really did requested that, they should have respected his wish,:concern:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well im glad they never killed Ernie for me that would about kill SS for me.

ChelseyBlair

Reaction score
I remember being five and crying at "Saying Goodbye" every time I watched it!

Other than that, the scene from Muppet Christmas Carol where Tiny Tim is dead during Christmas Future, the song "When Love is Gone" and "Just one Person" in the Jim Henson tribute.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
I think I'd have to go with the final moments from "The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson". Not just the reading of several letters, which absolutely tugs at the heartstrings, but what puts me over the edge every time is during "Just One Person", when Kermit comes into the picture. It's the most profound right upon his entrance, in my opinion, because he's not speaking, he's just watching all the rest of them. Maybe it evokes for me an image of Jim's ghost, silently grinning and watching the scene and appreciating all these people. Then, when Kermit finally speaks and says "See, I knew you guys could do the tribute for Jim", we hear the "new" Kermit, and are even more moved to know that, in some way, part of Jim will never die.

Just my two cents!

RealMissPiggy

Reaction score
I think I'd have to go with the final moments from "The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson". Not just the reading of several letters, which absolutely tugs at the heartstrings, but what puts me over the edge every time is during "Just One Person", when Kermit comes into the picture. It's the most profound right upon his entrance, in my opinion, because he's not speaking, he's just watching all the rest of them. Maybe it evokes for me an image of Jim's ghost, silently grinning and watching the scene and appreciating all these people. Then, when Kermit finally speaks and says "See, I knew you guys could do the tribute for Jim", we hear the "new" Kermit, and are even more moved to know that, in some way, part of Jim will never die.

Just my two cents!
This was absolutely brilliant *cheers :smile: