The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

The Professor

Reaction score
Although Mr. Hooper died before I watched Sesame Street, I remember hearing stories about that episode from my older sister.

I think in some ways our culture is very materialistic and violent. However, death is glossed over. I think it is healthy for children to have a real understanding of what death is. It is something we will all face and which we will all witness at some point or in some form. Hiding this reality from children does them more harm than good. It was very brave and very right for CTW to craft that special episode.

On a side note, anytime I think about Jim Henson's death, it makes me very sad just imagining where the Muppets would be today were he still here. He was a good man and his death seems so pointless.

Having just gotten back into the Muppets, it's like reliving his death. I had only turned five when he died, but even then I knew who he was. The Muppets, Sesame Street, and Muppet Babies were a huge part of my childhood. I feared for Kermit and the Muppets. I'm glad to see the Muppets making a comeback although the division in their happy ranks among the three companies makes me a little sad, too.

MeepMeepBork

Reaction score
"Saying Goodbye" from Muppets Take Manhattan makes me tear up every time. I always lose it at the end when Fozzie sings, "Wanna smile... Wanna cry..."

Quesal

Reaction score
I watched Maria and Luis' wedding. Now that I'm older, I understand the emotions going on and I teared up a lil bit!

Reaction score
The desert scene in the muppet movie when kermit is talking to himself. The "I promised me" line especially gets me.
"I'm going to go Back there Some Day"
"Saying Goodbye"
The Bluebird song from Follow that bird.

There are probably a lot more I'm just forgetting right now. All of the muppet films get me at some point. All part of Jim's Brilliance.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Something from Fraggle Rock that makes me choke up, but not really cry, is the scene between Gobo and Doc in "The Honk of Honks" when they "touch" each other.

Also, look up Frank Oz's speech at Jim's memorial on youtube. If you're not crying by the end of that, you may not be human.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuP6A9-1gyA

Nekoshema

Reaction score
speaking of Fraggle Rock. the one episode [well, one of the two] that i've remembered my whole life. when i was a kid it wasn't sad, but now that i'm older, i got so down after watching it again. 'Gone But Not Forgotten' where Mudwell dies. [after my favourite FR song] i guess it's because i know Richard's dead and it gives the episode more meaning to me [and my belief in reincarnation] which is why it effects me now but still :sympathy:... [i think i'm gonna go listen to 'just a dream away' now. love that song :wink:]

oh, and Frank Oz's speech is amazing [first time i saw it i was laughing through it, and once he got to the end, i felt like i was going to bawl]

GONZO 13

Reaction score
"Saying Goodbye" from Muppets Take Manhattan makes me tear up every time. I always lose it at the end when Fozzie sings, "Wanna smile... Wanna cry..."

I really agree with you. It so sad! I always cry, Im crying right now about it because it is sad!:cry:

Fozzmit

Reaction score
The song Saying Goodbye from MTM did have me crying a little. I'm Going to Go Back There Some Day was a sad song also.

Nick22

Reaction score
oh yes oh yes. definitely a tear jerker.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Dude! Me too. We've sorta decided in my family that the movie just wins hands down for most depressing muppet movie in general, what with their dreams being crushed at the end and then everyone breaking up and then Kermit getting amnesia.