The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Oh I know, I discovered who Richard Hunt was a few years ago and before then I hadn't realized that Scooter had been missing from some of the recent Muppet productions. Suddenly his verse in "Saying Goodbye" became much more poignant as, for the first time, I realized there was a person behind the Muppet. :wink:
Wow i never thouht of that. I'm getting teary eyed just thinking about it that way.

Quesal

Reaction score
Yea Scooter really hasn't been around as much as he used to. Even in "Letters to Santa"
his involvement was pretty minimal compared to others. Perhaps if they put him with the others on the journey to Santa's...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Wow i never thouht of that. I'm getting teary eyed just thinking about it that way.
Well I guess before then I hadn't given much thought to the Muppet performers, unless I'd already seen them in a behind the scenes special (and I didn't see Of Muppets in Men until fairly recently). I had seen little bits of the 60 Minutes special and all I could really see is Miss Piggy talking to Morely Safer and Scooter trying to comb her hair, lol. On one level I knew there were people there working the characters but for the most part I didn't think beyond that. So again, suddenly identifying Scooter's voice with a human being was a big moment. :wink:

hoopless

Reaction score
saddest moment ever for me is in Muppets Celebrate jim Henson when they are reading the letters and they finally realise who Jim was and how much he touched people and inspired them. I'm getting kinda emotional thinking about it now. I only watched it for the first time a couple of weeks ago and cried. I guess it shows what great performers they are though to be able to move people like that.

I also find it quite sad any time that Kermit starts blaming himself when things go wrong like in TMM and he goes off talking to himself about how he let everyone down

ohtherain

Reaction score
My favorites include the wedding scene at the end of TMTM, seeing all of those Muppets in the pews (including a personal favorite Mahna Mahna) and then Piggy and her fav frog walking down the aisle to that song (name escapes me at the moment). I also cry when I watch The Magic Store at the end of TMM

kade619

Reaction score
saddest moment for me is when the muppets sang just one person at jims funeral memorial

Quesal

Reaction score
saddest moment for me is when the muppets sang just one person at jims funeral memorial
Oh yeah that was a nice one. I also shed a bit of a tear when Big Bird sang Bein Green

Nick22

Reaction score
when all the muppets sing saying goodbye in TMTM. i just saw the movie the other day and it was so depressing. and the feeling is always the same when i hear that song.

Nick22

Reaction score
Oh yeah that was a nice one. I also shed a bit of a tear when Big Bird sang Bein Green
that was sad. and at that the end where he was like "
thank you kermit"