Official MirrorMask Site Online

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Well, like it or not, the Creature Shop's been monkeying with computer graphic characters since at least Pinocchio (unless you count Waldo, who came around in '87 in The Jim Henson Hour), and it doesn't look like they're going to walk away from it anytime soon. However, I feel certain that there will still be plenty of good ol' fashioned animatronic puppetry to fill Mirrormask. I'm still looking forward to it!

leliebel

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
The trailer for Mirrormask has been released. It doesn't stream well on my PC (the WM version at least) but looks great all the same.

Go to http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/mirrormask/index.html and click on "previews & clips".
It does stream om my computer without a glitch, which is a first I guess, but the image is tiny!

I think it looks good. It certainly sets a interesting mood. Does anyone know what the title of that son is? It seems familiar.

*gets excited about mirrormask*

I hope it will be out in theaters, this kind of post apocalyptic feeling and the fantasy elemnt would do well in these dire times.

jarethjunkie

Reaction score
Uncle Deadley said:
I've been excited about this project for a long time. Mirror Mask is written by the great Neil Gaiman, best known for his comic THE SANDMAN. It's directed by Dave McKean who did all of the covers for SANDMAN, a very talented artist. I hope this will be the beginning of a long collaboration for Gaiman and the Henson company. I'm hoping they will eventually make a movie together of Gaiman's Stardust . :excited:
I must say ive never read THE SANDMAN, but i bought a diary with him on the front, it reminds me heaps of labyrinth.. you know the hair and all^_~
also, i tried to get the mirrormask trailer, but it didnt flow well on my comp ethier.
i wonder if they'll release a soundtrack for it? :confused:

jarethjunkie

Reaction score
something tells me, that i should be glad i havent seen that...

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Superherohype.com just posted part of an interview with Mirrormask director Dave McKean, who says he just finished shooting the film and explains how difficult it was for him to pull off such a story with the "shoestring budget" that was given to him. It also goes into fascinating description of a couple key scenes. No word on when the film will be released or in what format (theatrical or direct to DVD), but I feel renewed hope just hearing about the progress.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Man, that's some seriously good news! I'm glad all their efforts to make this film won't be for nothing. Thanks for the update!

Uncle Deadley

Reaction score
Neverwhere

Buck-Beaver said:
. There has already been one version of it produced - made-for-TV I believe - in the UK. I think it's available on DVD.
It is.

Actually, this is the original version of the story. The novel came second.:cool: