Votes: 63 54.3%
  • Nadar

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
timrikthegorf said:
In God We Trust didn't happen until civil war time and that was to make the people feel better.

Swearing on the Bible when entering the presidential office is optional, though no one has yet to opt out. It says that the president "shall" swear on the Bible, not must.

The ten commandments may be in the supreme court, but only 2 are actual laws. Killing and stealing. The other 8 are not laws. So, while they may be there as a symbol of law, they are not followed as law. It would be the same as putting up Hamorabi's Code (I'm sure I spelled that wrong). It's a symbol of a code of laws, though we do not follow them.

The original 13 colonies were founded for financial reasons. The pilgrams came here for religious freedom, but James Town was founded by England so the country could tap into the resources of this side of the globe. This country grew from the 13 colonies that started with James Towen in Virginia. You really don't know much about your history it seems.

Can someone please tell me how homosexualtiy is morally wrong? I keep hearing that it is, but not why it is.

Question. If the Bible is the word of God, does that mean all things in the Bible are true, just, pious, and moral? Answer that and I'll get back to you.

The Bible is the interpation of the word of God thats why there are diffent versions

in regard to your morol question it state in the bible that a man should lay with a women for Procration purposes it is morol wrong based on ones faith if you are a authist then you have no morol objection but you man have a personal one

in regard to the 10 commandments these are the rules set forth in the judaeo christen beliefs ( the Pilgrums where Protestent, a christen faith)
our constition and bill of right where written with these principals in mind

Fraggle Lover

Reaction score
Lol

I would vote for Arnold Schwartznegar. Really I think they are both dipsticks!
But, Kermit on the other hand I would definately vote for him, that is if he was running for president!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think they are both dipsticks because my uncle is in Iraq because of becuase of bush and kerry believes in aborstion. Man, If we elected kermit we wouldn't have ths problem, now would we!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL :smirk:

T

timrikthegorf

Kimp the Shrimp said:
The Bible is the interpation of the word of God thats why there are diffent versions

in regard to your morol question it state in the bible that a man should lay with a women for Procration purposes it is morol wrong based on ones faith if you are a authist then you have no morol objection but you man have a personal one

in regard to the 10 commandments these are the rules set forth in the judaeo christen beliefs ( the Pilgrums where Protestent, a christen faith)
our constition and bill of right where written with these principals in mind
Who said anything about different versions?

So, you do say the Bibl is the word of God and there for all things in the Bible are true and moral. So, is it ok to stone bad children and sell one's daughter into slavery? According to the Bible you are allowed to do that. I mean, if you’re going to say homosexuality is wrong then you should say selling one's daughter into slavery is right. Do you agree?

The bill of rights was NOT written with the 10 commandments in mind. Do you even know what the bill of rights is? They talk about freedom of religion, speech, owning a gun, right to jury and due process, speedy trial, and so on. NO WHERE does it say you can't covet, commit adultery, take the lord's name in vain, and worship false idols and so on. They are totally separate. The only thing they have in common are the number of rules. Honestly, how can you just say something like that that is so obviously false and think you can get away with it?

If anything the rights people have in this country go against the 10 commandments. You have the right to say "God ******" in this country. You don't in the Bible. You have the right to create idols. You don't in Judeo Christian religion. It is not against the law to commit adultery. It is according to the Bible. The only 2 commandments that are clearly laws in this country are no stealing and no killing. You could also make an argument for bearing false witness, but you can do that to a point. You can't in court, but you can lie without being arrested in every day life.

So, you say the country is built on the ideals of the Bible, but you only have 2 commandments that are laws and 1 that is in some cases but usually not. And you can even get away with killing if you have the right defense. So where are these Christian beliefs in our government? Please, back up what you say.

T

timrikthegorf

Fraggle Lover said:
I would vote for Arnold Schwartznegar. Really I think they are both dipsticks!
But, Kermit on the other hand I would definately vote for him, that is if he was running for president!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think they are both dipsticks because my uncle is in Iraq because of becuase of bush and kerry believes in aborstion. Man, If we elected kermit we wouldn't have ths problem, now would we!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL :smirk:
What the heck are you talking about? I can't make heads or tales of your post.

Kerry is not for abortion. He is personally against it. He simply does not think it is the job of the government to force religious beliefs onto people. That is why public schools can not force the student to pray. It's wrong to force others by law to follow your beliefs.

T

timrikthegorf

Thijs said:
And what the **** are you suggesting by saying THAT.
My guess is that he's saying if being gay is genetic, and gay people do not reproduce, how can there still be gay people? Well that is a ridiculous thing to say. No one says there is a gene that makes you gay. It's about brain chemistry. There is no gene that will dictate how you think and feel. It's not a physical trait like hair color or skin tone. It's also quite possible that it's a matter of nature AND nuture.

Thijs

Reaction score
Yes, but I would like an explanation from ScaryLarry.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
timrikthegorf said:
Who said anything about different versions?

So, you do say the Bibl is the word of God and there for all things in the Bible are true and moral. So, is it ok to stone bad children and sell one's daughter into slavery? According to the Bible you are allowed to do that. I mean, if you’re going to say homosexuality is wrong then you should say selling one's daughter into slavery is right. Do you agree?

The bill of rights was NOT written with the 10 commandments in mind. Do you even know what the bill of rights is? They talk about freedom of religion, speech, owning a gun, right to jury and due process, speedy trial, and so on. NO WHERE does it say you can't covet, commit adultery, take the lord's name in vain, and worship false idols and so on. They are totally separate. The only thing they have in common are the number of rules. Honestly, how can you just say something like that that is so obviously false and think you can get away with it?

If anything the rights people have in this country go against the 10 commandments. You have the right to say "God ******" in this country. You don't in the Bible. You have the right to create idols. You don't in Judeo Christian religion. It is not against the law to commit adultery. It is according to the Bible. The only 2 commandments that are clearly laws in this country are no stealing and no killing. You could also make an argument for bearing false witness, but you can do that to a point. You can't in court, but you can lie without being arrested in every day life.

So, you say the country is built on the ideals of the Bible, but you only have 2 commandments that are laws and 1 that is in some cases but usually not. And you can even get away with killing if you have the right defense. So where are these Christian beliefs in our government? Please, back up what you say.
i just hope you can sleep @ night with out my faith i would be lost

i back every thing i say the Ten Commandments are rule above all else
yes the Constition says nothing about False Idols, Adultry or Blasphmey
but Adultress used to be burned and are looked bad upon well people that pray to false idol are shunned by the majority

listen son you can pick and choice points to prove your point as i can but we do what we have to serve

GOD BLESS

T

timrikthegorf

I'm sorry but I'm really finding it difficult to understand your post. The grammar and sentence structure are horrid. I', not trying to be mean, I'm just letting you know that I don't really know what you said. It seems you are saying that that the community decides to punish those hat break the Ten Commandments. Well that has nothing to do with this. You said that the BILL OF RIGHTS and CONSTITUION were based on the 10 commandments when they clearly were not. The constitution has to do with the structure of government which has nothing to do with the Bible and the Bill of Rights actually give people the right to break some of the Ten Commandments. You are wrong. End of story. I've proven my point and you have said nothing to prove yours, and yet you still think you are right.

I did NOT say it is wrong to have faith or that Christianity is wrong. I AM saying that the government of this country was not set up based on religion. The laws do not cover most of the 10 commandments. Adultery is NOT illegal. People would rather you not do it, but it is not against the law. Taking God's name in vane is NOT illegal. In fact it's one of the few things you can get away with on public broadcasts. Coveting is NOT illegal. You can covet all you want. False idols are clearly not illegal. Mickey is an idol. Kermit is an idol. Didn't you know that? These things would be considered idols. Obviously there is no law against that. In fact we encourage it.

Seriously. You are 26 years old. Look at this with a logical mind. It is clear that this country's government was not based on the Bible. You are still allowed to have your faith and follow the religion you want to follow. I'm not going to tell you that YOU are wrong. I am going to tell you that I do not believe there is sufficient proof to state the Bible is the word of God, or if there even is a God. That is MY personal belief. I base my beliefs on facts and critical thought. You base your beliefs on faith without critical thought and you have proven that by claiming that something is what it is not. Perhaps you should actually study these things and look into them. You will see that the US government was in fact set up by philosophers who thought about human rights, not by religious people trying to set up a theocracy.

If I have not gotten through to you yet, I don't know what else to say. You can still have your religion even though the government was not based on the Bible.

And yes, I do sleep well at night. I do not need blind faith to sleep. I sleep well knowing that I base my beliefs on facts and critical thought like a thinking person should do.

One last thing. The Bible clearly says that you may sell your daughter into slavery. So, do you belief that selling one's daughter into slavery is pious, moral, and right? The Bible says it is right, and the Bible is the word of God according to you. So, that SHOULD mean you belief slavery is moral. What say you?

tomahawk

Reaction score
If selling your daughter is not moral, I'm in big trouble. I just sold mine for enough money to purchase the Ken Lilly Wedding Set Of The Century.