Your Thoughts: Fraggle Rock DVD

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Got the FR DVD today! :smile:

hey guys,
Just got back from Wal Mart and got my Fraggle Rock DVD. I popped it in and loved it... i also noticed that when the "Jim Henson's Fraggle Rock" logo pops up normaily it would say "staring Jim Hensons Muppets", like how they did when Disney in the early 90s released the vhs series. But it doesnt say it on the DVD, is it because Disney owns the name "Muppet" now? :confused: :smirk:

Run water run..., la la la laaa...

baby sinclair

Reaction score
ya i jut got mine this morning my lil sister's been watching it all day.Nice to share something i used to like with the lil ones. :excited:

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
Just got the DVD from Wal-Mart!

I must say it is awsome! I love the menus. I hate Pingu, its not even in English. I put Palisades Fraggle toys on the comment card.
Ty

SillyRed

Reaction score
Penguinese is the Language Pingu and the penguins speak. I don't understand the plots for those Pingu shorts because all the Penguins do is talk funny.

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
I just got it today! I absolutely love it! The menus are excellent, and I love the music they play. The only thing I hate about about the DVD is Pingu. He is so stupid, I don't know why the dumb penquin is on there, but oh well!

Sir Didymus

Brian Damage

Reaction score
Convincing John said:
Also, think of this: the "Royal Bath" needs lots of water. Think of how big the Gorgs are supposed to be compared to humans...like 30 feet tall, right? Okay, the Gorgs pump the water from the well, which comes from the Fraggle Pond, which comes from the pipes, which come from Doc's workshop, right? All that water comes from Doc!

For everyone wishing for extras on Fraggle DVD's, maybe we'll be surprised in the future of a "deleted scene" from this episode. It would show Doc fainting after getting a whopping huge water bill! LOL!:crazy:

Convincing John
I've been pondering on that, and I reckon a good water flow through Doc's section of the piping creates some water pressure effect that allows water to flow from a large catchment or dam (Either of which could mean that Doc only gets a power or gas bill for heating the water) somewhere into the pipe system in Fraggle Rock.

I've also been wondering: Exactly how often does Pa Gorg bathe? Maybe it's not too frequently, so that might save water, too. And I think the Gorgs were about 22 feet tall.

CoOKiE

Reaction score
Jr stated that hes taking a bath everyday Brian Damgage...

n it seems that not too many people like Pingu too much... yea i kinda agree that it was a lil goofy.. BUT! do remember, this wasn't exactly made for just us older fans, but its promoting for younger views. I mean some of us used to watch things like Gumby lol... but at least he talk'd our language.

And to another person who asked where to find the Fraggle DVD... where i got mine, it was with the other DVDs, in the electronic section (as oppossed to the DVDs that are on shelves out of the Electronic section... some Wal-Marts this may not be the case)... surrpised it wasn't wit new releases tho... they had a Barney DVD wit the new DVDs...

Also.. i have a question... any one seen any signs of Fraggle DVDs selling out? When i bought mine there had to have been like 5 left.. but i dunno how much they originally put out.. AND i got mine the first day it was released at my Wal-Mart... so if n e one has visted their Wal-Mart since, lemme know please... i'm sure alot of us would like to hear that the DVDs are selling out.. meaning we're gett'n closer to the Box sets in the future (lets hope near future)

Klonoa

Reaction score
From my blog (read it, will ya?) :

Dance your cares away! Working's for another day! Let the Fraggles play! Down at Fraggle Rock! Man I used to LOVE the Fraggle Rock show as a kid. And I found a DVD of it at Wal-Mart today! That was a great kid's show. Boober and Sprocket rock! My favorite line from the DVD: King Gorg: "We'll have a trial!" Junior Gorg: "Oooh! I'll get the trial stuff!" Also got a DVD of the first season of the Garfield and Friends Saturday morning cartoon. Haven't watched it yet.

Just finished watching the rest of the Fraggle Rock DVD. They could've put more episodes on it I think, but oh well. I'm just glad to be able to watch the show again after all these years, and the DVD wasn't that expensive to begin with so I can't complain too much. The nice thing about watching Fraggle Rock after all these years is that when I was little, I loved the show, and now that I'm older I can catch the more deeper meanings that I may have missed as a child. The lessons in Fraggle Rock are never heavy handed, like they are in most of today's kid's shows. Sometimes the lessons aren't even lessons, just concepts that kids may not normally think about, like 'freedom.' The main lessons on this DVD are that you can rely on your friends, but in "Wembley and the Gorgs," I think it's more of a concept or thought than a lesson. It's neat how Fraggle Rock can mix the silly and the profound together in one kid's show. Wembley might be singing a nonsense song in one scene, and in another he's talking to Gobo about what it means to be free, "I guess some creatures value freedom more than others." he says. Wow, you could write a whole college thesis on that topic. I also liked Wembley's plea to the Gorgs for his friends' freedom in that episode. So simple, and yet so meaningful: "...and Red knows lots of good games and Mokey knows good songs. And Boober...well, Boober knows lots of stuff that is special to him. So, they all deserve good stuff. They deserve to be free!" Oh my gosh! I talk like that! Scary! I also remember Sprocket being a cool character, but I didn't remember why I liked him so much until I saw the DVD. He's one versatile Muppet! And the scenery in Fraggle Rock really looks like they put their heart into it, and the puppetry is great for the time. I was amazed at the bridge building scene with the Doozers on the DVD. I bet that took some planning! I love how when they want to make a Fraggle jump they just toss it in the air. Boober's my favorite Fraggle, though.

I shared the Fraggle Rock DVD with one of my little brothers, and I plan to show it to the rest of them this weekend. The one who watched it though it was weird (he thinks all my old shows are weird). It’s just a show about a guy and a dog who have a workshop with a hole that leads to a cave where little cave creatures build construction sites and bigger cave creatures eat the construction sites and sometimes the bigger cave creatures go out into another cave exit and evade giant Gorgs and get advice from a pile of talking garbage! What’s weird about that?

--Klonoa
I wouldn't have known about this DVD if it weren't for Muppet Central. So thanks, Muppet Central!

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Klonoa said:
I shared the Fraggle Rock DVD with one of my little brothers, and I plan to show it to the rest of them this weekend. The one who watched it though it was weird (he thinks all my old shows are weird). It’s just a show about a guy and a dog who have a workshop with a hole that leads to a cave where little cave creatures build construction sites and bigger cave creatures eat the construction sites and sometimes the bigger cave creatures go out into another cave exit and evade giant Gorgs and get advice from a pile of talking garbage! What’s weird about that?

--Klonoa
I wouldn't have known about this DVD if it weren't for Muppet Central. So thanks, Muppet Central!

I bought a copy of the Fraggle Rcok DVD and gave it to my local library yesterday.... i'd fig since they have been soooo nice to me all these years, i spend $10 bucks and gave them a copy for ALL the kids to watch and get to know Fraggle Rock! :wink: :big_grin: :smirk: