The New Muppet Show Cast

WiGgY

Reaction score
I thought I was discussing them with you.

Just seems to far fetched to me. Either way, I doubt another muppet show would be the same as MT. I also don't think another muppet show would last on TV. People just don't like them anymore.

phipp

Reaction score

Sorry it was a mistake I meant thanks for discussing it With Me

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
My New Muppet Show Cast:

Rowlf
Sam the Eagle

That's it.

Okay, not really. But I had you going, didn't I?

Aside from those two obvious characters, the new cast of major players should include:
Kermit
Miss Piggy
Gonzo
Fozzie
Pepe
Rizzo
Bunsen and Beaker (it would be nice if they got involved in more backstage action)
Clueless Morgan
Johnny Fiama and Sal
The Electric Mayhem
Statler and Waldorf

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
First of all, all of the people on the smilies (possibly minus the Fraggles). Though I'd love it if all of the original Henson productions (TMS, FR, SS, BITBBH, Hoobs) came back together for one last movie. That would be great. Though I doubt we'll ever see that... sigh :rolleyes:

Bubbadog

Reaction score
Hmmm....

My ideal cast list. Let's see.

Kermit and Piggy
Gonzo
Pepe
Dr. Phil Van Neuter
Sal and Johnny
Fozzie
Sweetums
Floyd
Janice
Zoot
Dr. Teeth
Animal
Lips
Sam the eagle for uneccessary, silly, political and moral commentary LOL
Bunsen and Beaker
Bobo
Rowlf
Lew
Statler and Waldorf
Link Hogthrob (no deep dish nine next generation bologna, except the computer 1995 plus tax was a good one)
Scooter (he has been gone way too much)
Andy and Randy
Clifford
The usual assortment of chickens and other strange creations....

Come to think of it, I like them all, and if they make more it would be even better! For the new blood in the Muppets, there needs to be some more characters. But Like Bill Baretta, some of the new performers need to put more heart into their performance like he does. Some of it looks and sounds like they just want to goof off. I admit I would too, but as a performer myself (not muppet so I dont confuse anyone, I am an actor) even when I am goofing off I am putting some kind of character behind it. I have to admit that Bill has been doing a wonderful job since he joined them. Every character has a spirit about it. Especially Pepe.

The only other reason I say that the new blood should develop their own characters instead of taking over old favorites, is what do we do 20 years down the road when all of the original performers may not be around anymore? I am not opposed to the old favorites being recast, it took me some time to accept Kermits newer voice although Steve has been doing very good. But this way there may be new favorties to carry on the tradition. ANy thoughts?
And they should stick with the Muppet Show formula, onstage and backstage routine. It's classic and I think it still works.