Major Muppet Movie news

Luke

Reaction score
I have absolutely no idea what Comedy Central or the Man Show is, but my girl certainly has strength ... she's knocked me about enough. She has this tendency to get things her own way or bash you with a saucepan !

radionate

Reaction score
Comedy Central is a US cable network that carries South Park, and a testosterone driven show called "The Man Show". It's hosted by Jimmy Kimmel (of Win Ben Steins Money fame, and soon to host an ABC late night talk show) and Adam Corrola (of MTV's "Love Line" fame). They both are ugly, out of shape, unattractive uber heterosexual men, who sit around and drink beer and scratch themselves. They also have The Juggies. Girls in tight skimpy clothes that jump around on trampolines at the end of the show, and hang all over the guys the rest of the time.

It's right up your alley! :rolleyes: :wink:

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
They both are ugly, out of shape, unattractive uber heterosexual men, who sit around and drink beer and sratch themselves. They also have The Juggies. Girls in tight skimpy clothes that jump around on trampolines at the end of the show, and hang all over the guys the rest of the time.
Gee - what a compliment ! LOL ! It sounds like an interesting format actually (note what i said about trampolines in the other thread). Sounds like the kind of shows i used to work on. I don't sit around drinking bear and i'm in shape, but i wouldn't say no to the Juggies though in TV they always end up being wannanbee presenters on the way up, and when you've seen one you've seen em all.

scott

Reaction score
I heart the man show. But I guess that could be due to my hormones. Anyways, Scott is most excited about the Jon Stewart cameo. He is one of my favorite comedians and I watch the Daily Show whenever I can.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>I heart the man show. But I guess that could be due to my hormones. Anyways, Scott is most excited about the Jon Stewart cameo. He is one of my favorite comedians and I watch the Daily Show whenever I can<<<

yeah, Jimmy Kimmel is too much on the man show. Hey, no love for craig kilborn? I would love to see Pepe or another muppet appear on one of the super late type talk shows like conan or late late show.

grail

Reaction score
oooo...Conan and Kermit...with Weezer as musical guest...that'd be groovy

beaker

Reaction score
>>>oooo...Conan and Kermit...with Weezer as musical guest...that'd be groovy<<<

oh yeah! I could definately see the Muppets on Conan! Maybe Pepe can give that dog sock puppet a beating, hehe.
actually, the Sesame Martians were on Conan O'Brien(sort of)
Hey, if frogboy or anybody else who can screengrab, I would sure love a screengrab from the elmopalooza dvd where it shows the martians on conan!

manoftheSTREET

Reaction score
Look, I just gotta say something here...

Snoop Dogg? SNOOP DOGG? That gangsta-rapping foulmouthed pot-smoking misogynist thug in a MUPPET MOVIE? Lord Almighty, what's going on here?

They won't allow the Red Hot Chili Peppers on "Sesame Street", but they'll allow a greasy thug like Snoop Dogg in a Muppet movie? So what if he has kids...have you heard some of this guy's lyrics?

Shame, really...I'll watch anyway, though. You know why? You can't look away from a train wreck! (And I can't believe I'm saying that about a Muppet endeavor)

Sincerely,

John "manoftheSTREET" Kilduff

Stulz

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
As for Britney, well she can be goofy, and is a big name, would get lots of press - i don't see why not. She is Henson's first female choice for a guest on any new Muppet Show.
Where did you get this info?? Are you for real? I just saw "Goldmember" and she really funny .. not to mention HOT AS ****!!

I know most peopel HATE HER WITH ALL THE LOVE OF GOD, most of them women who are threatend.. but come on... She would be great with The Muppets..
I hope they do use guest stars on the new show.. it really brings the characters to life more .. don't cha think?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Say What?

The Slate of Stars
This is about what I had imagined although I thought Kelsey Grammar would be in it. I don't Know what Luke was thinking about with the whole Goldberg thing. Most of us yanks automatically think of Whoopi when the name Goldberg is mentioned and she has worked with the Muppets before. I don't find her annoying but she is a bit dull and over-exposed these days. As for the other stars - I don't find them cheap Joan Cusac is cool and William H Macy is too. And what is this tripping over Snoop Dog? The Muppet Show starred Alice Cooper and Miss Piggy has sung a duet with Ozzie Ozbourne. Adding such a dynamic is nothing nes. I could do without Carson Daly - MTV tool of the bland and uninteresting.

Scooter's Voice
Dude, they've replaced all the voices. Kermit, Miss Piggy, Rowlf, Swedish Chef, Fozzie, Statler, Waldorf, Beaker, Sweetums and others have already been adequately replaced. Clash as Scooter? I'd have to hear it to agree with that, however I do hope they replace Janice and Scooter though!

The Plot
Has Henson Co. been reading the forum? Great idea!