Ask Ken at Palisades

MaxGoof

Reaction score
Ken--What is the current status of future exclusives?

We know that Vacation Fozzie and Crash-Helmet Gonzo are the Series 2 Exclusives.

Repaint Floyd was going to be a Series 2/3 Exclusive, except he got put in a regular series as a shortpack.

Tux Rowlf (I think) was going to be a Series 3 exclusive, but now he's in regular Series 3.

Superhero Scooter, according to the Daily Bit, is a Series 4 exclusive.

Who's left? Will Series 3 just not have any exclusives?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
ken has stated that there are no seris 3 exclusives. We have the repaint and we can wait for the Scooter, but it may be time for a break from the exclusives by then.

bizarreblair

Reaction score
I'm wondering if regular Rowlf will be the figure included in Vet's Hospital playset?...Ken was toying (no pun intended) with the idea of having Nurse Piggy and Nurse Janice with nurses uniforms and including scrubs as an "alternate" outfit that we could put on them over their nurse uniforms. If this is the case, they would just as easily be able to include a regular Rowlf with the same kind of "scrubs" alternate outfit to put on him.

I'm not asking Ken to reveal this, because I'm sure Palisades will release the info whenever they feel it would be most advantageous, but this is a possibility I would say. What do you guys think?

grail

Reaction score
i think that's actually a very valid point, that i'm upset that i didn't think of. it does make sense, and Ken did say there was "something special" coming for good old Rowlf...

kansasteen14

Reaction score
Originally posted by Louis Kazagger
I wasn't singling you out Spenser. I've seen several people asking Ken here on this topic and other topics on the forum about their status, and it seems like it was starting to snowball with more "Me too, what about me?" posts. Sorry if you felt offended. Just trying to get everyone to be reasonable here, since Ken said they were going to offer 2,500 VC Beakers through the club. But hey, if Ken's cool with fielding all these status requests, maybe we could start a new topic "Ask Ken at Palisades if they got my money order yet". :wink:
ok just checkin,trust me I can get paranoid but not that quickly.give me 2 weeks.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by grail
and now...i am blind...crap...
But it was good while it lasted, huh? HUH???! :stick_out_tongue:

Ken,
OMG!! I LOVE the new figs and that kitchen...there's more space in that playset than in my OWN kitchen!!

Superb work, man. You're my hero. Tell the Palisades gang they're my associate-hero's (since I know you, you're head hero).

FOZ

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
ken has stated that there are no seris 3 exclusives. We have the repaint and we can wait for the Scooter, but it may be time for a break from the exclusives by then.
Jamie - i think this is a great idea and it shows Palisades know what they are doing. Personally i haven't felt all that great that we had such a long build up to the arrival of the main Wave one figures, and after that, in such a short time we've had so many extra exclusives, variants and things. I think it's important, if the line is to survive and be longterm to have people waiting with baited breath for the next batch of figures, rather than have them rushing to keep up with the releases.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Luke

And we will have the short-packed Zoot anyway so it's the best of both worlds. I have to admit as pro-figure as I am and I love theexclusives - they do kind of make me nervous because i want to make sure to get them all. :smile: So far so good, but gotta keep up!

Luke

Reaction score
Exactly - i like the idea of the chase figure repaints, that was very much needed. I don't like that feeling of having to keep up, i think to the real hardcore collectors its fine (lets face it - they moan but buy it anyway) but to the average but well informed Muppet fan it's like they are bringing as much out as soon as they can, and having to keep up with the exclusives takes (a little) attention away from the regular line releases. I want people to be begging for the regular line to come, begging for more exclusives, hunting around like mad to get that Zoot repaint all important rare 'chase' figure - THATS what will make these last and retain popularity. It might not be the best option sales wise short term but i think it'd pay off in the longterm. At the start of the Simpsons line it seemed fairly slow to me, then all of a sudden as it got more popular they started rushing more things out, and i think it took away some of the enthusiasm of the line although admittedly its still done very well.

The idea of a CHASE figure - is there should be a CHASE for it !!!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I just wish the chase figures were evenly packed but you can't have everything.