Battle of the Christmas movies!

Jenny

Reaction score
Speaking of Christmas movies :smile: I found, "Emmet-Otter's Jug-Band Christmas", and "The Christmas Toy" at Media Play. Both of them were each at the low, low price of $1.99. Isn't that great :smile:

superfan

Reaction score
It's a tough call when you like 'em all!

MFC~ awesome...good solid laughs, beautiful songs and overall good spirit.

Christmas Eve on Sesame Street~ Nothing puts you in that holiday spirit like that extend-a-mix air time Oscar gets in the beginning. :grouchy:

I love MCC too, of course. Can't wait for my daughter to watch it for the first time. :smile: Beautiful holiday story.

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
Emmet Otter for $1.99? Wow! Is that on DVD or VHS. I've been looking for a DVD copy of the special. What is Media Play?
:excited:

Jenny

Reaction score
Hi :smile: Well, it's on vhs. But still a good deal. Media Play is a store here that sells cds, movies, books, and other stuff. They actually have had alot of muppet things on sale. I wish I could buy it all, lol. :big_grin:

McFraggle

Reaction score
I will take "MCC" over "MFC," since I haven't seen any of the others.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
I'm trying to remember all the Henson/Muppet Holiday specials/movies/episodes. Here is all I can remember off the top of my head right now, please post if there are any I forgot:

The Muppet Christmas Carol
A Very Merry Muppet Christmas
A Muppet Family Christmas
John Denver & the Muppets : A Christmas Together
Christmas Eve on Sesame Street
Elmo Saves Christmas
A Special Sesame Street Christmas

Elmo's World : Happy Holidays
Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas
The Christmas Toy

The Great Santa Claus Switch
Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree

Bear in the Big Blue House: A Berry Bear Christmas
The Bells of Fraggle Rock

fozziebearcub

Reaction score
Muppet Christmas Carol is the best ( although if u count the DVD release where the edited out Belles Solo that makes us a cry) but Muppets Family Christmas has the most fun and the most varied array of muppet charactrs, oh and who can forget Jim himself :0) so this wins just for that

McFraggle

Reaction score
McFraggle said:
I will take "MCC" over "MFC," since I haven't seen any of the others.
I saw "IAVMMCM" over the weekend and thought it was enjoyable, I would still pick "MCC" first though. :smile:

Telekinesis

Reaction score
Amazing Mumford said:
Muppet Family Christmas--and it's not even close. It's actually my favorite Henson production ever.

MFC has tons of classic Christmas songs, appearances by most of the major Henson characters, and some truly funny Muppet moments. As a kid, it was almost surreal to see the classic Muppets, Sesame Muppets, and Fraggles interacting. They even managed to squeeze in the Muppet Babies!!
I definitely agree with that. Muppet Family Christmas would be my favorite if for nothing more than the nostalgia it holds. Especially since this year I'll have the unedited tape to watch with all of the original commercials on it, thanks to Vic. In my eyes as well.. it's the best Henson project ever. If the Muppets ended with Jim showing up in those last few moments, he sure sent them out with a bang. That's not to say I think they're finished by a long shot.. just that I think nothing will ever top this program.