Battle of the Christmas movies!

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
As we all know, Xmas is coming...

(God it seems like 5 minutes ago it was last Xmas. God, I should probably get my presents before everything soars in price by about 500%. Why do they do that? Everyone needs presents near Xmas. Although more people are getting presents in October now meaning the price soar will start getting earlier and earlier until eventually it never stops. And then I'll be ready.
* Strokes gun * Patience, precious.) Oh yes, where was I?

Xmas is coming which means its finally an appropriate time to watch Muppet Xmas movies. But which, in your opinion, is the best?

MCC, VMMC, MFC, Christmas Eve on Sesame Street? Personally, I'd say MCC!!

Anyone else?

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Muppet Christmas Carol is my favorite muppet christmas project by far. As for other Henson projects; Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas is great too.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
I enjoy Muppet Family Christmas just for the sheer number of Muppets that show up by the end of the film. However, I also like The Christmas Toy.

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
Muppet Family Christmas, with Christmas Eve On Sesame Street a close second.

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
Muppet Family Christmas--and it's not even close. It's actually my favorite Henson production ever.

MFC has tons of classic Christmas songs, appearances by most of the major Henson characters, and some truly funny Muppet moments. As a kid, it was almost surreal to see the classic Muppets, Sesame Muppets, and Fraggles interacting. They even managed to squeeze in the Muppet Babies!!

rexcrk

Reaction score
My favorite is and probably always will be Muppet Christmas Carol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I do not count MFC or SS X-mas (or Elmo saves Xmas) as Movies.... they are television specials. I wouldn't count VMX, except that it was called a movie by the network. A telefilm.

I'd say, I cannot chose. I liked elements of both more than each other... I.E. VMX was more "Muppety," and slightly more original, parodying, instead of directly taking a classic X-mas work. But MCC was more of a warm, Christmassy type of movie. plus Statler and Waldorf were involved in the plot. Something Unheard of in a Muppet movie. But then, Frank Oz's characters, Piggy and Fozzie performed by Eric Jacobson were in and involved in VMX, where as in MCC, they're tirtiary characters, and they're not even really there.

But I guess two things I liked more about VMX than MCC was that it was more adult, and then there was that scene with Fozzie, fitting up to his character, where he is killing himself to get the money to the office and terribly sorry he couldn', almost doubting himself. It was a very sweet moment.

But then of course, if I counted the TV specials as movies, MFC and SS hands down!

Beauregard

Reaction score
In order:

MFC (My favorite Muppet film ever)
MCC (the highest quality muppet film ever)

VMC (The second lowest quality movie ever)

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
I liked very muppet christmas better than mcc. Not that MCC wasn't good but it could have had bigger parts for the regular muppets. But I loved them both. :smile: