The Muppets Have a New Logo

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
beaker said:
Also, when were they "The Muppets" in logo, as its always been(minus the JH part) Muppets.
Before the Disney deal they were always "Jim Henson's Muppets". But now that the Jim Henson Company no longer owns the Muppets (look I said THE Muppets), Disney had to drop the Jim Henson's and added a new article. If the brand name and logo just said "Muppets" it would be awkward and whenever used a "the" would be needed, added or implied. Even in normal speech and writing for (50 years) they have been called "The Muppets", jut the logos and official statements said "Jim Henson's Muppets". Granted "The Muppets" is a change from "Jim Henson's Muppets". It's better than "Disney's Muppets", or "The Muppet Holding Company's Muppets", or "Those Muppets", or "a group of Muppets"...The title like" Muppets" needs an article or ownership to work grammatically. I think the font, color and Kermit could use some tweaking but the "The" is welcomed by me. If your big complaint is the addition of the letters T, H, and E in front of the brand name than maybe you need to learn to accept change a little more, or else the other upcoming changes in The Muppet will let you down.

McFraggle

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
Before the Disney deal they were always "Jim Henson's Muppets". But now that the Jim Henson Company no longer owns the Muppets (look I said THE Muppets), Disney had to drop the Jim Henson's and added a new article. If the brand name and logo just said "Muppets" it would be awkward and whenever used a "the" would be needed, added or implied. Even in normal speech and writing for (50 years) they have been called "The Muppets", jut the logos and official statements said "Jim Henson's Muppets". Granted "The Muppets" is a change from "Jim Henson's Muppets". It's better than "Disney's Muppets", or "The Muppet Holding Company's Muppets", or "Those Muppets", or "a group of Muppets"...The title like" Muppets" needs an article or ownership to work grammatically. I think the font, color and Kermit could use some tweaking but the "The" is welcomed by me. If your big complaint is the addition of the letters T, H, and E in front of the brand name than maybe you need to learn to accept change a little more, or else the other upcoming changes in The Muppet will let you down.
I agree entirely. The logo will get better people, don't worry. :big_grin:

frogfandavid

Reaction score
yeh i too think the logo look's a little cheap , but hopefully it's a sign of good things to come!

Frags

Reaction score
I'm grateful that Muppets have their own logo and don't just get thrown under the Disney roof - they're still individuals - but (Yes, I'm sorry - there's a but) I miss Jim Henson's name. I've always known Jim Henson's Muppets - even in the disney Muppets Christmas Caral and Treasure Island, it said Jim Henson's somewhere amongst the disney signs. But still - it's unique and sets them apart from Disney, in a way, which is how it should be.

T

timrikthegorf

I like "The Muppet Holding Company's Muppets" :big_grin:

Luke said:
Yeah it does look a bit rushed - maybe it's just a temporary thing for the online stuff until they can work things out. There is apparently a new Muppets "style guide" in production right now and it'll probably have more of an appropriate logo that can be used on merchandise and things.
I wonder if Palisades muppet figures will be able to squeak by without having to change their packaging again.

King Jim

Reaction score
I wonder If they will Change the Muppet Logo?

ScrapsFlippy

Reaction score
timrikthegorf said:
I like "The Muppet Holding Company's Muppets" :big_grin:
Brilliant!

Here's my problem with the new logo:

It's souless.

I hope they improve it, but I'm not holding my breath.

(We're talking about the same company that completely ended production of traditional 2D animation, putting tons of talented artists out of work. Hand-drawn animation was the company's bread and butter for over 75 years.)

CaptainYoda

Reaction score
ScrapsFlippy said:
(We're talking about the same company that completely ended production of traditional 2D animation, putting tons of talented artists out of work. Hand-drawn animation was the company's bread and butter for over 75 years.)

That pretty much happened due to the people in the world not paying to see the traditionally animated movies. Look at how much money Shrek 2, the Incredibles, and Shark Tales have made at the box office. And then look at Home and the Range and Brother Bear. Disney is a company and the bottom line is money. It is sad to see traditonal style animation go away, but if it is only hurting the company...then its got to go.