The Muppets Have a New Logo

ScrapsFlippy

Reaction score
CaptainYoda said:
That pretty much happened due to the people in the world not paying to see the traditionally animated movies. Look at how much money Shrek 2, the Incredibles, and Shark Tales have made at the box office. And then look at Home and the Range and Brother Bear. Disney is a company and the bottom line is money. It is sad to see traditonal style animation go away, but if it is only hurting the company...then its got to go.
True. But the success of Dreamworks and Pixar has more to do with the artists having the freedom to create and tell a good story rather than the artists playing with neat toys.

Eisner micro-managed traditional animation to death.

Besides, what if Disney eventually sees the Muppets as "only hurting the company?"

McFraggle

Reaction score
ScrapsFlippy said:
True. But the success of Dreamworks and Pixar has more to do with the artists having the freedom to create and tell a good story rather than the artists playing with neat toys.

Eisner micro-managed traditional animation to death.

Besides, what if Disney eventually sees the Muppets as "only hurting the company?"
In no way has Dreamworks had the level of consistent success that Pixar has. Besides "Shark Tale," their only previous major successes were the "Shrek" movies. Three movies out of a countless number of bombs. "Chicken Run" and "Prince of Egypt" were good and successful but they both grossed a little over $100 million. In addition, you can bet Mr. Katzenberg had his say, he has a track record but a lot of his success has come in spite of him, not because of him. As far as hurting the company, the Muppets are owned by the Mouse House. Pixar isn't, at least not yet. :smile:

T

timrikthegorf

There may come a time when Disney does away with the puppet part of te muppets though. I mean it's possble. Of course puppets are more valueable than cartoons or 3d animation when it comes to promotional stufff. You can easily have KErmit out there doing an interview. You can't have Buzz Lightyear to that.

McFraggle

Reaction score
timrikthegorf said:
There may come a time when Disney does away with the puppet part of the muppets though.
I hope it doesn't ever come to that, but I wouldn't be shocked. :concern:

ScrapsFlippy

Reaction score
The point I was trying to make is: what sort of a logo do we expect from a company that - at least at the executive decision level - values the mighty dollar far more than the mighty artist?

T

timrikthegorf

What is so horribly wrongwith this logo? Honjestly, what makes this logo any better or worse than the logo on the blue packaging that has been used? Is it simply because it doesn't say "Jim Henson's Muppets"? Well they CAN'T use that title because the name Jim Henson is trade mark of the Jim Henson Company. No matter what, the Henson family will never sell their father's name to DIsney. They just won't, so get over it. It's a freaking logo! Who cares??? Stop complaining about a stupid logo.

radio boy

Reaction score
The kermit reminds me of the "Muppet Home Video Logo" From 1983 from Australia. :smile: