Disappointed in Sweetums

Whatever

Reaction score
Fozzie with hat reached Sweetums elbow. I think Sweetums is ten and a half inches. I posed Sweetums with robin sitting in one hand talking to him and with Camilla under the other arm.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Whatever said:
Fozzie with hat reached Sweetums elbow. I think Sweetums is ten and a half inches. I posed Sweetums with robin sitting in one hand talking to him and with Camilla under the other arm.
That's pretty funny.

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
I'm in love with my Sweet-Ums.

OK, it's not that bad, but I totally love this figure. He's awesome to the extreme. There has to be SOME touching up on my figs paint apps, but that's pretty much across the board.

Other than that he's incredible. I have to figure out how many more tiny Muppets I can pose on/ near him. Robin was obvious, but I like the idea of Camilla under his other arm. Right now he's half buried in veggies and Muppaphones.

Sloely

Reaction score
I managed to free all my Sweetums joints CAREFULLY, (had a bad experience with my first Animal's wrist,) and while I love the figure for many reasons, I do feel it is slightly off. I don't just something about it seems wrong. Maybe he feels too big and heavy, (I don't mind the scale being off slightly to make them more playable together- for instance I don't like that he's too tall to stand in the Kitchen.) Also, because he is SOOO heavy, in spite of the tight joints, the hips are already loosening and he's having trouble standing. I also wish he could be posed closed mouthed and still look good- the underside of his mouth and hair and stuff is perfectly visible, but not sculpted; too bad. And while I understand that he's friggin huge, I still wish he had come with some sort of small accessory. Even just a car tire or steering wheel or something. He just feels like he needs something associated with him.

Which raises another thought; I wish Palisades would release a grab bag of accessories. I've already lost Lew Zealand's swordfish, and I wish I could get the other Chef's blunderbuss, and the other Gonzo's tire, and other stuff like that, but I can't afford, and don't even want to have all the variants. Anyone else think that's a good idea or remotely viable?

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Nope.

JUST KIDDING!!! Hee-hee.

That's a great idea, hadn't thought about that before. Over at the Palisades Board, there's an "Ask Palisades" thread where it's being constantly asked that they release a Buddy pack, but never an accessory pack, that'd be so cool!

Thumbs up to you for such a great idea! :wink:

BTW just curious, is your avatar a Beagle Boy? Great taste!

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
That's sounds a tad familiar, Dangermouse. But I can't help seeing the similarities between that character and the Beagle Boys that showed up in old Disney Comics.

We three are all about the same age, you guys remember DuckTales right?

HerryGrail

Reaction score
Sloely said:
I managed to free all my Sweetums joints CAREFULLY, (had a bad experience with my first Animal's wrist,) and while I love the figure for many reasons, I do feel it is slightly off.
I think he's off because his eyes are too far apart. These subtle issues with the facial features make a difference. It was very noticeable with Scooter's glasses, too.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
KermieBaby47 said:
We three are all about the same age, you guys remember DuckTales right?
If I'm old enough to remember Danger-Mouse, I'm definately old enough to remember Duck Tales, AND it's spinoff Dark Wing Duck.

Gonzo the Grape

Reaction score
I think Sweetums is great! No problems except I'm scared to twist his ankles. But it's fine because they are just the way I want them. I'm not at all disappointed.