Disappointed in Sweetums

Reaction score
After opening my Sweetums I'm sad to say I really disappointed at the shotty assembly. His joints are tight as heck. That makes me extremely cautious, I've had arms pop off on other muppet figures when trying to move them. The tiny peg holding on his head really worries me too. When moving his leg at the hip joint I already had half his sideseam on his robe pop. I'll have to do a CA job there. And the worst part off his assembly They put his feet on crooked! When you line up his knee joint his feet point all cockeyed. I doubt there is any ankle rotation due to the sculpt so the way they put on the feet is the way that they'll stay. Opening him was a reminder why I don't open Muppet Figures.

While I'm Happy He got released and do enjoy his sculpt. I have to be honest and say my $6 clearence sale Mega Gonzo is 1000 X better then my supposed 32-point articulation $35+ Sweetums.

Michael Crawford

Reaction score
A couple points -

- you want tight joints, not loose ones. He's a big figure, and any loose joints means he won't stand. You can move them if your careful, or use the old freezer trick.

- the ankles turn, so there's no reason for him to be duck footed if you don't want him to be.

Michael
MWC

T

timrikthegorf

Yeah. Mega Animal has lose joints and tips over all the time. Sweetums is about the same size and weight. Tighter joints are good. I've moved all of them plenty of times without problems.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
My Sweetums is Perfect! He has very tight joints (nice!) and great paints too. His eyes aren't even bleeding the yellow paint!

The FIRST thing I do after releasing a Muppet fig from his packaging is to twist and turn every joint, but I do it very carefully, and everything is fine.

Whatever

Reaction score
Well, I'm disappointed that he's not here yet! :wink:

Therecanbonly1

Reaction score
I must say that I too am a bit disappointed in the figure. He looks perfect, but after opening and closing the mouth 3 times, the rubber/plastic/whatever seperated on the right side of his mouth. What type of glue is best to fix this or do I 'attempt' an exchange for a new one?

dlphntat

Reaction score
He's great!

I got mine in the mail yesterday and let him sit in his package for a day before opening him up and posting him in all his glory. The sculpt looks great, and he stands so much taller than the other figures.

Whatever

Reaction score
I just got mine! He looks very realistic, but almost scarier than the actual puppet.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Yeah, tight joints are definitely better than loose ones (especially when it happens to be his right leg :sympathy: )

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Tight joints are good. Palisades is good at designing them so they stay tight too. I have about seven Kermits from series one. They take a lot of abuse from the attention I give them showing them off, especially the one in my office. His joints are still nice and tight, it's his non-jointed ankles that are starting to make him slump and more difficult to stay upright. I can't wait to get the Sweetums. Is he really that tall!?! I can't wait to get a naked Robin then and perch him on his shoulder.